I approach each lesson working with finding out the strengths and weaknesses of each student. Figure out what is the best way they learn (e.g. learning style, do they work better with pictures as examples or more logic based for math).
Instructor/ Tutor January 2018 – July 2018
Brainzone, Chino, CA
• Assisted students in grades pre-kindergarten through 12th grade in homework and helped prepare for subjects in ELA and Math.
• Worked with special needs students to help facilitate their growth in different subjects
Instructional Leader December 2017 – January 2018
LEARN, El Monte, CA
• Facilitated a classroom in an afterschool program.
• Assisted students in grades 4th through 8th grade in homework and classwork related to what was taught by their teachers that week or day. This included subjects in math, language arts and science.
• Worked with students on an online math program (ST math) that helped students’ growth in different math concepts
Tutor October 2017 – December 2017
The Tutoring Center, Upland, CA
• Tutored students in grades 1st through 8th grade
• Worked with students in specified math and ELA programs depending on each students’ proficiency levels.
• Gave timed math test to see if students can understand specific math concepts.
• Crafted monthly progress reports to inform parents of students’ growth
Tutor Apr 2017 – March 2017
Studentnest, Chino, CA
• Tutored students from third grade to twelfth grade in ELA and math (up to Pre-Calculus)
• Created and adapted individual learning plans for each student to ensure goals were being met.
• Collaborated with students' parents and guardians to discuss specific goals for their student and made sure to touch base on what each parent or guardian can do to help their child.
Interactor March 2014 – March 2018
Discovery Cube of Orange County, Santa Ana, CA
• Welcome, greet, and scan guests into center ensuring guests know where to go next
• Describe different exhibits through explaining the science and main purpose behind each exhibit
• Present 4D short movies in main theater for 20 to 40 guests at a time
Santiago Canyon College, Orange, CA August 2010 – June 2016
Degree: A.A Liberal Arts: Arts, Humanities, and Communication
A.A Liberal Arts: Social and Behavioral Science
Certificate: Student Leadership Institute
Currently a college student studying to be an elementary school teacher. Have experience in tutoring centers (1 year) and volunteering in classrooms (5 years). I have a passion for working with children in math, science and ELA.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R285||R213|