I am a highly organised academic tutor who aims to encourage and foster intellectual curiosity in my students. I have the energy, passion and commitment needed to make a positive impact on students’ lives. I am someone who can not only help students with their academic goals, but also make learning fun. . My academic background highlights my proven ability to challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
I am currently a public policy analyst at a public affairs consultancy based in London. I have taught lessons to students on and off for 7 years. I have helped students pass exams and coursework at bachelors level. I have also helped students pass their IELTS exams.
2016 – 2017: MSc Global Governance and Ethics – University College London, UK
• Masters Thesis: ‘How can we optimise the relationship between desirability and feasibility when justi-
fying moral obligations to future generations under a democratic framework?’.
• Global Public Policy: Essay on ‘Combatting EU Member State arms exports to countries engaged in
child rights violations’.
• Global Ethics: Essay on ‘Does the brain justify limits on immigration?’.
• Global Governance: Essay on 'Hard law treaty innovation within the domain of torture prevention
and the important role civil society can play in supporting it’.
• Qualitative Research Methods: Research proposal ‘How effective is the Finnish Commission for the
• Quantitative Research Methods: Fully adept in performing data analysis using statistical software,
interpreting results and employing data science techniques for research purposes.
2013 - 2016: BA International Studies (Specialism in the European Union), First Class - Leiden University, Netherlands
• Bachelors Thesis: ‘How does liberal conservative ideology manipulate the perception of welfare in the UK?’.
• EU Policy: Policy paper on ‘Combatting EU Member State arms exports to countries engaged in child rights violations’.
• Comparative Politics: Essay’An analysis of the UK criminal justice system’. 2010: Cambridge CELTA, TEFL, “Merit” grade - Saxoncourt (Shane Global), London
Access Partnership ⏐London, UK ⏐ Public Policy Internship ⏐ February 2018 - Present
As a public policy intern I provide logistical and administrative support to the public policy team.
• Research – I gather and synthesise news reports and legislative developments across a number of markets, with a specific focus on Westminster and Brussels.
• Organisation– I liaise with stakeholders to organise and facilitate meetings on behalf of clients. Transparency International ⏐The Hague, Netherlands ⏐ Student Consultant ⏐ January 2016 -
I worked as part of a team that provided Transparency International with a report on how Dutch businesses could avoid corruption when conducting business in Russia and the US.
• Research – Conducted qualitative interviews with a variety of stakeholders including Dutch SMEs and NGOs.
Relevant Work Experience
Project Management – As team leader I was responsible for delegating tasks and organising a successful action plan which allowed us to meet our deadlines successfully.
Report Writing & Editing - As editor I was tasked with selecting information relevant to our project in order to generate an articulate final report.
Teamwork – I learnt the importance of understanding the needs of my teammates which enabled me to fa- cilitate the conditions necessary for a healthy working environment.
Signals Media Arts Charity ⏐Colchester, UK ⏐ Administrative Assistant and Workshop Co-or- dinator ⏐ June 2006 - January 2008
I provided administrative support to a small Colchester based charity and increased their social me- dia presence.
Premier Media Trust ⏐ London, UK ⏐ Data Entry Clerk ⏐ January 2018 - February 2018
Administration – As an administrative assistant I learnt the importance of an organised working environ- ment and gained extensive experience of filing and database management.
Additional Work Experience
Galley Restaurant ⏐ London, UK ⏐ Supervisor ⏐ July 2016 - August 2017
Attention to detail – As a data entry clerk I am proficient in organising and collecting data at speed.
Pastanini Restaurant ⏐The Hague, Netherlands ⏐ Waiter ⏐ August 2013 – June 2016
Wagamama Restaurant Southbank⏐ London, UK ⏐ Waiter ⏐ June 2010 – July 2013
• Travel: Travelling to, and awareness of, different countries and cultures reflect my natural inquisitiveness and general wide spectrum of interests.
• Languages - English, French (B2 intermediate), Dutch (basic)
• IT - Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher), FLG, InDesign, Pro-tools, R-
project, Prezi, Pages
• Administration - Filing, database management, excellent phone manner
Initiative – The experience I have gained within the customer service industry has allowed me to pre-empt problems and use my initiative to deal with a variety of situations.
Adaptability – I was able to acquire basic Dutch language skills and learn the idiosyncrasies of Dutch cul- ture thus enabling me to be an effective team member.
Communication - Working at one of the busiest restaurants in London gave me the ability to communicate quickly and effectively within a fast-paced working environment.
Music: I enjoy a variety of music including funk and jazz. I am a keen guitar player and have performed live on numerous occasions.
Film: I am an avid film enthusiast and frequently visit the cinema. I particularly like foreign cinema, horror and documentary films. I am currently in the process of writing a draft for a short horror film.
Sport: I enjoy running, playing football and cycling.
history lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, philosophy lessons for all!
Taking history of philosophy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R476||R410|
|5 hours||Not available||R389||R2051|
|10 hours||Not available||R368||R4102|