I have only recently started/came across the idea of tutoring. It's hard to get a part time job/income as a student within the realm of a practical degree. So I am still awaiting my first class (Probably not the best thing to say on a proposal?). Thank the lord I am quite a talker, and I know quite a bit of my field (on a professional level). So therefor I believe I will suffice as a tutor.
My classes will proceed as the following (Starting from pre booking):
- Guardian/Parent/Care Giver Book a class via email/call.
- I submit the fees/schedule that's adaptable to them in response.
- I prepare each class according to the mandatory topic's that's required, in which my lessons will be planned.
- I schedule an Uber/Ride to the required location (preferably the client's home, as I do not have a studio -except for my room, which is not ideal for public business).
- I provide the necessary equipment if needed (additional fee), and proceed with the practical/theoretical class.
Lessons will typically focus on:
- High-school theory and practical exam preparation.
- High-school portfolio preparation.
- Art History and Influences.
- Medium Techniques regarding their usage.
- Object analyzing & realistic resemblances.
- Concept Development.
- Elements & Principles of Art/Design & their implementations.
An additional remark: I won't tell children or scholars what they should do and stand back. I'll always provide mandatory on site support by physically pointing towards what they are doing wrong/right (according to my degree studies), and providing examples as needed. Constructive Criticism will always be mandatory, as it will lead to their improvement. But all of this will happen in a positive/fun environment.
I am currently a Bachelors of Visual Communication Student, that's currently majoring in Illustration, Communication Design (Design) & Photography. The degree I'm studying focuses on not just the technical side of Visual Communication and the skills required. But also the theoretical component regarding the conceptualization & industry behind Visual Communication (This includes Design, Visual Art, Photography etc) -as well as the history. I also had Visual Arts in High School, where I nearly obtained a distinction in it. Therefor I know what High School students go through and what their curriculum focuses on.
My rates may seem expensive or so. But unfortunately, I am a student. I need to utilize my time as well. Meaning, I could have spend the required hours on my projects not that I mean that in an offense way. I'm just stipulating that time is important.
- Classes should be book & paid for 7 Days in advance, otherwise they will not be scheduled as so.
- Cancellations will not result in a refund, but it may result in a re-schedule of dates (Later).
- Students/Scholars should have the required tools/materials with them, I may supply something here and there. But that should not be considered as part of the tutor session. I'm a student, I'm practically broke. But I am also human, so I may lend out a pastel, a sheet of paper or a pencil here and there.
- No charge backs please!
This is not according to my CV, the details may be mixed but it's match-able to my CV.
I am currently a NQF level 6 (Bachelors Degree) Visual Communication Student at The Open Window Institute of Arts. I'm currently majoring in Illustration, Communication Design & Photography. Previously, I attended Hoerskool Eldoraigne in Centurion. Where my main Highschool subjects were History, CAT & Visual Art.
I currently reside in Wierdapark, Centurion, Gauteng. Therefor I can easily access the whole of Centurion. I may offer exceptions for those living outside Centurion, but that will result in additional fees. I do not own my own vehicle, but I use Uber. Which is always available at my disposal.
My personality traits are those of a loquacious person. I communicate easily, and can adapt to any person to fit their social 'requirements'. Therefor there's no awkward or anti-social moments ever(Thank God). I am also a humorous person, as you may have noticed. This never influences my professionalize, even though I utilize it a lot.
Should there be any additional queries, do not hesitate to contact me or take a closer look at my CV. My number is (concealed information)
drawing lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest art and design lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, illustration lessons for all!
Taking art school preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R100||R50|
|5 hours||Not available||R450||R250|
|10 hours||Not available||R1000||R500|