In general, my teaching is comprised of instructional and practice-based methodology, as some disciplines require either/both for easier, and long-lasting, comprehension. I like to approach my tutorials with an informal attitude of a dialogue rather than pure instruction.
I am a MSc candidate in necro-geography and historic archaeology. I have a background in mathematics, statistics, calculus, chemistry, history, biology, linguistics and anthropology. I have been tutoring throughout my academic career, accumulating five years of tutoring experience.
Please note that the stipulated rate does vary with the primary, secondary or tertiary level of instruction and is, therefore, subject to change.
High School: St. Teresa`s High School
Level achieved: Matric
Subjects taken: History, Business Studies, Mathematics, French, Life Sciences, English, Life Orientation, Religious Education
College: British International College (Cambridge International A level programme)
Level achieved: Full A levels
Subjects taken: Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, Mechanics, Mathematics
University of the Witwatersrand:
Degree: General BA with distinction (in December 2018)
Majors: Anthropology, Archaeology
Subjects taken (throughout the time period indicated above) - Anthropology, Archaeology, Ancillary Statistics, Chemistry, Linguistics, Psychology.
Degree: BSc with Honours in Archaeology (in December 2019)
Degree: MSc in Archaeology-Necro-geography and historical archaeology.
Company: Tutors at your service
Position: Student tutor
Subjects: Maths, French, English, Chemistry, Biology, History.
University of the Witwatersrand- Student teacher
Year: 2019- present
Responsibilities: facilitating tutorials, assisting students with the course material, providing feed-back and comments on assignments, marking, invigilation.
• A diploma (French language) from Alliance Francaise for the year of study in 2013
• 2016 Certificate of First Class ANTH1002 Introduction to Anthropology - Society, Culture and Transformation I
• 2016 Certificate of Merit ARCL1000 Archaeology I
• Class representative for Archaeology in 2017
• Part of the University of the Witwatersrand`s Netball squad 2017
• 2017 Certificate of First Class ANTH2004 Select Topics in Social Anthropology
• 2017 Certificate of First Class ARCL2002 Archaeology II
• 2017 Certificate of First Class LING1001 Introduction to the Structure of Language I
• 2017 Certificate of First Class LING1003 Language, Mind and Society
• 2017 Certificate of First Class PSYC1009 Psychology I
• 2018 Certificate of First Class ANTH3004 Select Topics in Anthropology III
• 2018 Certificate of First Class ANTH3008 Anthropology of Material Culture III
• 2018 Certificate of Merit ANTH3001 Anthropology of Medicine and the Body III
• 2018 Certificate of Merit ARCL3002 Archaeology III
• 2018 Van Riet Lowe Prize- Top Student Award in Archaeology III
• 2019 PG Honours Merit Award Scholarship holder from University of the Witwatersrand
• Part of the First Year Experience for the University of the Witwatersrand during the year of 2019.
• FYE student mentor 2019 for the University of the Witwatersrand
• 2019 Golden Key International Honour Society member
Perfect! She was very patient with me even though I knew absolutely nothing! I enjoyed her teaching style and wish I could have continued learning however something came up and forced me to stop. I would highly recommend her as a tutor.
Nathan was not serious in his intention to learn.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R200||R150|