I'm a very patient teacher who believes that every student needs to learn at their own pace, as well as according to their individual learning style and goals. The first lesson will assess the current level of playing ability, and identify goals that the student would like to work towards. For example, if a student wants to learn how to write music, we will focus on music theory and harmony, writing good melodies, etc. If a student wants to learn how to play technical pieces and solos, we will focus on learning techniques to improve their speed and economics of playing.
I am a guitar player and music teacher with four years of teaching experience. I've been playing the guitar for around 18 years. I have studied three years of guitar performance at The Campus of Performing Arts. I also have knowledge of and am able to teach music theory, aural skills, and piano/keyboard. I've been performing live for various bands and acts for the last ten years.
Fees are subject to distance from the student. Fees may increase according to distance.
High School Education:
Midrand High School
2004 – 2008
National Senior Certificate
The Campus of Performing Arts
Nqf2 Music Performance - National Certificate: Music Industry Practice
Nqf3 Music Performance - National Certificate: Music Industry Practice
Nqf4 Music Performance – ACM Advanced Certificate in Contemporary Popular Music Practice
• NQF2 Achievement award for Aural, Music Culture, and Stage Presence - Distinction
• NQF2 Achievement award for Live Performance Workshop and Music Business - Merit
• Merit in NQF3 Performance – National Certificate: Music Industry Practice
• Merit in NQF4 Performance – ACM Advanced Certificate in Contemporary Popular Music Practice
• Outstanding student award for NQF4 Music/ACM Advanced Certificate in Contemporary Popular Music
• Various performances at college prize-giving ceremonies
• International performances with live acts in Angola and Botswana
• Hired as a session guitarist for the Castle Lite Hip Hop Herstory concert in 2018
• Currently performing in several bands, as well as having performed in a previous band from 2010 –
• Giving private music lessons in guitar and keyboard/piano
• Computer literate
• Bilingual: English / Afrikaans
• Good aural and music theory skills
• Good with children
• Experience teaching music to adults and children
• Quick Learner
• Responsible worker with a good work ethic, passion for music, and a willingness to learn
● Own car
● Driver’s license
Related Work Experience:
• Private Guitar and Piano Tutor 2016 – Present
• Guitar and Piano Tutor at Play Music, 2018 – 2019
• Guitar Tutor at Gracenotes Music School, 2017
Responsibilities: Traveling to students, lesson preparation, filling out and uploading log sheets on a
Callysta is patient and kind. She is very passionate about music and imparts that enthusiasm generously. She balances theory and practice very well. Callysta makes it a joy to learn to play the guitar.
I have been taking piano lessons for years and in the last year I changed to Callysta and I'm proggressing much faster. She's patient, kind and trustworthy. She is always willing to help. I love her teaching.
music reading lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking rock guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R200||R200|