My teaching method is interactive and, especially when teaching English as a foreign language, I believe in allowing the student to spend a great amount of time in a lesson speaking and practicing their language skills. I believe in making lessons relevant and helpful, and aim to address each student's specific needs pertaining to their level of English and within their own cultural and/or linguistic context.
I am a second year English literature student, and I have just completed my TEFL certificate this year in 2019. I am therefore qualified to teach foreign language students how to speak English and how to improve their English. Furthermore, I have a lot of experience with studying and writing about works of literature and am therefore able to tutor high school students preparing for literature exams or who struggle with this aspect of English.
The rates might differ slightly depending on whether the classes are specifically for literature or for learning English. When I am teaching English as a foreign language to a student with very limited English or a complete beginner, the rate might rise to a maximum of R 400/hour. If I have to travel a distance farther than 10 km the rate can also be subject to change.
I am currently an undergraduate student at the University of Pretoria in South Africa with a passion for languages. As a language learner myself, I would love to help others to learn and improve their English, whether it is to become competitive in a globalized world or only to improve themselves and discover a new love for the language.
DATE OF BIRTH: 20/04/1999
MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE
NATIONALITY: SOUTH AFRICAN
CLEAN FULL DRIVING LICENCE: YES
I completed GR 8 & 9 at AFRIKAANS MEISIES HOËRSKOOL in Pretoria in the top 4 of my class.
NATIONAL SENIOR CERTIFICATE, HOËRSKOOL LINDEN
I attended Linden High School from 2015 – 2017 and matriculated with 8 distinctions (above 80%) and an overall average of 89,7%
I was a member of the academic first team (top three achievers) for all three years that I attended Linden High School and received the following awards:
• Dux-Scholar: School’s top academic achiever award;
• Public Speaking: Half Colours: I was one of the three Speech Guild Trophy Team members and we ended combined second in the Gauteng Province;
• Visual Arts: Half Colours: Winner in the yearly art competition – Design category;
• Afrikaans: The “Westerberg Trophy” for most creative student in Afrikaans;
• English Home Language: The “Gandini Floating Trophy” for exceptional creativity in English;
• Design: Top Achiever award from Design School SA;
• Economics: Top Achiever award;
• School Choir: Extraordinary Honorary colours for participation in the school choir;
2018 - 2019
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE IN BA HUMANITIES, UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA
I am currently second year and my four major subjects at university include Psychology, Criminology, English and French.
I am a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society, awarded to the top 15% of the students in their respective degree programs, ans came second in my English Literature class in 2018 at the university.
LEVEL 5 TEFL CERITIFICATE, THE TEFL ACADEMY, UK
I obtained my Level 5 TEFL certificate in July 2019.
The course included:
• Creating lessons and teaching materials for a range of levels from Elementary to Advanced;
• Teaching speaking, listening, reading and writing;
• Material & resource creation, utilising the internet;
• Needs analysis and teaching in different situations;
• Classroom management and teaching techniques;
• Language analysis – vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation
• Proficient in English
• Dutiful & Thorough
• Growth Mindset • Love people and children
• Hard worker
I like to gym and play squash in my free time. When I’m not studying, I love to read, paint or spend time with my friends and family.
I enjoy travelling and visiting other countries, experiencing different cultures and meeting new people as often as possible.
I was an exchange student in 2015 and spent 2 months in Bordeaux, France, where I became quite fluent in French. Today I speak 3 languages: Afrikaans, English and French.
I am a mentor in my university residence and help first years to accustom to university life and to the new social and academic climate.
I am part of several committees such as the Social Committee and the RAG Committee (Reach Out and Give) and I am part of the university Acapella group for my residence and music is a passion of mine.
vocabulary - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking english grammar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R300||R300|