I offer lessons to high school and university students. Specifically, I can offer help with English literature, Essay Writing, Dissertation Writing and other relevant topics.
My lesson structure depends on the student's needs. I always prepare for my lessons beforehand, and prefer to work with a student over multiple sessions. I also may require my students to complete an assigned task to internalize a particular learning.
I am an experienced tutor and would love to help you achieve your educational goals!
I am a professional Economist and Freelance Writer. I have been writing and tutoring A-level English for 4 years. I have taught over a dozen learners, with an average grade increase of about 20%. I have tutoring and professional experience in essay, report, dissertation and CV writing.
I have an undergraduate degree (BSocSci) in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, a Postgraduate degree in Economics (Honours) and a Master's degree in International Relations.
I reserve the right to cancel a lesson should unforeseeable circumstances arise. I will not cancel a lesson unless I absolutely must.
I’m a warm, friendly and sincere person. My core values include lifelong learning, excellence and integrity. I have a highly analytical mind and have a demonstrable history of achievement across academic, sporting and leadership areas. I love to teach and have tutored over a dozen students with great success. In my free time I enjoy playing and watching football with friends, playing strategy board games, picnicking and listening to audio-books or podcasts.
University of Pretoria Completed 2018
- Master of International Relations (In Progress)
- Dissertation focus: Cognitive Bias in International Relations
- Awarded UP Masters Research Bursary, based on academic performance
University of the Witwatersrand Completed 2017
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) In Economics
- Graduated with 73% average, and 3 distinctions out of 7 subjects.
University of Pretoria Completed 2016
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Politics, Philosophy, Economics)
- Graduated top of class, with distinction, cumulative weighted average of 80%.
- Received sports bursary and 2 silver medals at the inter-varsity athletics events.
St. Benedict’s College, Bedfordview Completed 2013
- National Senior Certificate, Bachelor’s degree pass.
- 8 Matric Distinctions. Top 10% of achievers. Average of 85%.
- Two additional advanced programme subjects: Mathematics and English.
Private Tutoring Jan 2014 – July 2018
- Scheduled meetings, planned and executed lessons with clients.
- Mentored students and formed valuable student-teacher relationships.
- Tutored over a dozen learners, with an average grade increase of about 20%
- Tutoring and professional experience in essay, report, dissertation and CV writing.
Ciaran is a fantastic tutor. He is always able to explain things to you in a manner that you will understand and is able to get the best out of you. He is very patient, calm and professional when it comes to everything and would highly recommend him
Ciaran is a fantastic and very passionate tutor. He is extremely diligent, capable, and professional in all his endeavours. Furthermore, he has always had a passion to help people.
Through tutoring he will provide a lot of help to his students and he will make hard work seem interesting and fun.
Ciaran has lots of experience tutoring people. I have personally spoken with some of his students and they have always given very good feedback. He is very professional and always prepared before a tutoring session.
Ciaran is a patient and conscientious teacher with excellent writing and communication skills. Ciaran has a knack for storytelling and has a passion for uplifting and helping others.
Ciaran is an excellent tutor with a great teaching ethic. He is very patient and has a brilliant understanding of the content he tutors. I would highly recommend him to students seeking help with English!
english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||R250|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||R1250|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||R2500|