I first explain the fundamentals of the topic, we then work through a few examples. After that I then give the student an opportunity to show their understanding through an exercise. My focus is on IEB and CAPS curriculum from grade 6-12.
I am an Msc Mathematics graduate, I have been tutoring since 2010. I have been able to help my students to move from a mark below 30% to above 70%. My aim is to help students understand the fundamentals of mathematics and love the subject.
+27 63 279 6158
PROFILE Motivated, team-work orientated and responsible mathematician. Highly educated possessing an Honor’s and Master’s degrees in applied mathematics.
• Advanced excel
• Data analytics
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
Maths Legacy, Prism Office park, Fourways
Tutor // Feb 2016 – present
• Perform individual tutoring, simplifying maths concepts while coaching students to think critically to solve problems.
• Conduct comprehensive test review sessions, which contributed to an increase of more than 35 percent in most students' grades
• Assist up to ten children per station during small-group learning periods.
• Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in students.
• Prepare daily lesson plans for activities.
Eci-Africa Consulting, Woodmead
Data Analyst // Oct 2010 – Mar 2013
• Performed data cleaning, verification, validation, modelling and reporting tasks.
• Managed, updated and manipulated report orientation and structures with the use of advanced Excel functions including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups.
• Generated weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports necessary in maintaining a good and balanced financial statement.
• Handled data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation to management and other team members gathered via a wide range of available means and methods from users and business partners associated with SME activities.
• Researched for new means of qualifying and obtaining data and methods of utilizing analytical tools effectively to be used for systems development and improvement.
Nyaradzo Funeral Assurance, Harare
Trainee Data Analyst// Feb 2008 – Dec 2008
• Used quantitative data gathered to develop an understanding of customer behaviour, demographics and lifecycle.
National University of Science and Technology, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Masters of science in Applied Mathematical Modeling, Dec 2015
Midlands State University, Gweru, Zimbabwe
Bachelor of Science Honors in Mathematics, Dec 2009
• Year Internship at Nyaradzo Funeral Assurance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Empathic listener and persuasive speaker.
• Writing creative or factual.
PROVIDED ON REQUEST
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school coaching lessons for all!
Taking methodology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|