If you've ever heard of the 'Learning Pit' then you'll have a good idea of my approach to teaching and learning. As students, we need to get comfortable with the fact that learning is a process and often a challenge. I strive to equip you with the tools (skills, knowledge and attitudes) necessary for you to master any learning objective independently and confidently - because ultimately you are the one sitting for the exam.
I graduate at the University of Pretoria (TUKS) with a BSc in Human Physiology. Since I have been teaching Biology/Life Sciences at one of South Africa's leading secondary school and have gained the skills and methodologies necessary to help any student excel and achieve their goals within the subject.
Cancellation of lessons should happen 24 hours before the scheduled time of the lesson. Should you, for any reason, cancel within 24 hours of - or not attend the scheduled lesson, the full fee will be payable.
Life Sciences and Natural Sciences Educator 02/2014 - PRESENT
1. Planning and delivering teaching to students in their senior and FET (Further Education and Training) phases according to, but not limited to, the subject assessment guidelines stipulated by the examining authority (IEB or GDE).
2. Facilitating and mediating both individual and group learning that is inclusive, engaging and challenging in a space that is welcoming, safe and encouraging.
3. Assessing students’ understanding of stipulated subject outcomes, through a diversified and balanced approach to assessment.
4. Planning and constructing learning experiences that are enjoyable, relevant, fair and clear.
5. Working alongside colleagues to:
- ensure standardised teaching and testing across classes.
- share teaching insights and ideas.
- discuss issues pertaining to teaching practice, assessment and progression.
- identify students who are having difficulty and action planning an approach to assist the
6. Staying up to date with current affairs pertaining to Life Sciences and Sciences to ultimately offer
students relevant and thought/interest provoking experiences in class.
7. Participating in weekly professional development sessions that challenge and improve my teaching
practice and my teaching associated skills and attitudes.
8. Planning and facilitating practical sessions during which skills such as observation, measurement,
manipulation, investigation and inferring are developed.
9. Moderating and commenting on assignments, assessments and examinations.
10. Communicating and meeting with parents regarding the learning progress of their children within the subject Life Sciences and Natural Sciences. Communication happens regularly via email or educational platforms such as Google classroom and termly during parent-teacher conferences.
11. Writing individual subject comments for all my students on a termly basis.
12. Offering and presenting extra-lessons to students during times that are not part of the routine academic day.
13. My personal mission and duty mandates that I inspire, encourage, mediate students to discover their ‘element’. Their ‘element’ being the ‘thing’ where their interests/passions intersect with their skills and competencies.
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physiology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, matric biology revision lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||R200|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||R1000|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||R2000|