I believe each student is unique, and everyone has different needs. Concerning the methodology I use, will depend on the student I am assisting. I have a very international and clear pronunciation. I am very patient with my learners and in my classes.
I am an educator with 12 years English teaching experience. All my teaching experience was gained in China. As a result am I quite knowledgeable concerning non-native speakers of different cultures. I am currently also furthering my education at university.
February 2019 – current University of Stellenbosch
Bachelor’s in Education (Intermediate Phase)
February 2019 – June 2019 University of Stellenbosch
Leadership in education NQF6
October 2006 Boland school t raining center, Suzhou, China
TEFL Course - 140-hour teaching training course for teachers of English as a foreign Language & 20 hours
of teaching practice with Chinese students of all levels.
China TEFL certificate - An introduction to Chinese culture and teaching English to Chinese people specifically
2000 – 2002 Boland College - Stellenbosch
Marketing management N4
Marketing management N5
1999 Tygerberg College
Small business Management and Entrepreneurship N3
1999 Monument Park High School
Work experience since November 2006:
1. Feb ’09 – Apr ‘18 Wall Street English as a Foreign Trainer (Guangzhou and Beijing)
- Teach English to adult students – 17 years and up.
- Various different sized/types of classes as well as English corners.
- Taught Business English, Harvard Manage Mentor as well as FT.com (finance)
- Did social activities with students off-campus.
- Organized and hosted Social activities and parties within the center.
2. Sep '07 – Feb ‘09 Aipusen as an English teacher of children (Guangzhou)
- Taught English to children from the ages of 3 to 15
- Hosted functions and parties for the Children on special celebratory days.
3. Aug ‘07 BKL Global Training (WenZhou)
English teacher for a summer camp
- Taught English to children from the ages of 12 to 15.
4. Feb '07 - July '07 English First as an English teacher (Hangzhou)
- Taught English to Children from the age of 6 to 13.
5. Nov '06 - Feb '07 New world training center as an English teacher (XiaoShan, Hangzhou)
- Taught English and business English to Students of Adult age.
- Did level checks and tests.
- Wrote lesson plans for the curriculum.
- Did English corners twice a week.
He is knowledgeable and being patient while he was teaching materials in the session. I was never afraid of speaking out while practicing in front of him. It helped me build up my confidence and skills of speaking English as a second language.
english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R250||R250|
|5 hours||Not available||R1100||R1250|
|10 hours||Not available||R2100||R2500|