I approach each lesson on the topic provided that the students are having difficulty with and I try to find ways to explain it in simple terms. I try to create analogies so that students can associate and remember their work more easily by linking it to an analogy.
I have been giving lessons for three years. I lectured and tutored university students both in person and online. I have taught over 300. Most of my students were studying science degrees or had science subjects at school, these students completed their degrees and took up post graduate studies.
University of Johannesburg MSc in Environmental Management (2017-2018)
• The Biosphere and Environmental Studies
• Environmental Management skills and techniques
• Minor dissertation: An overview of the environmental
legislation governing the exotic pet trade in the Gauteng
province: case study on small exotic mammals and
BSc Honours in Geography and Environmental
• Geography Philosophy
• Geography Methodology
• Energy Technology
• Strategic Environmental Planning
• Ethics, Justice and the South African Environment
• Research project: The exotic pet trade in Johannesburg
BSc Life and Environmental Sciences with specialization
Botany and Environmental Management (2014)
• Environmental Management
1 May 2018 to date
(contract ends June 2019) Environmental Science Intern at National Zoological Gardens
• Employed by the Department of Science and Technology under the National Research Foundation.
• Currently based at the National Zoological Gardens in Pretoria: Reptile Park.
• Working as a research conservation intern at the reptile park. Working on a PAAZA (Pan African Association of Zoos and Aquarium) documents for the species.
• Husbandry Manual and African Conservation Program Plan for critically endangered Sungazer Lizards Smaug giganteus in captive zoo facilities.
• Training in venomous and non-venomous snake capturing and handling.
• Creating posters for educational awareness around the
negative impacts of the exotic pet trade and protection of Sungazers.
• Hosting reptile awareness days.
• Helping zoo keepers to feed animals and clean
enclosures- husbandry animal welfare.
• Provide enrichment for animals in captive conditions.
• Assisting veterinarians with medical check-ups, X-rays,
sedation of sick reptiles and animal post-mortem protocols
at the Wildlife Veterinary Hospital and Conservation Science Centre.
Kamfers Dam Flamingo Rescue Project
• Project coordinator for volunteers
• Ensuring the rescue project for the Flamingos runs
• Preparing food-ensuring there is sufficient food for the
mornings, afternoon and evening feeds.
• Ensuring dirty bedding and laundry are disinfected and
• Enclosure pens are scrubbed cleaned, and new bedding
is placed inside the pens.
• Flamingos are placed outside during the warm days to
spread their wings and play.
• Test-tubes are disinfected before feeding.
• Someone is always watching the Flamingos.
• Booking volunteers from Monday to Sunday
• Supervising the volunteers.
• Weighing the Flamingos and separating them into weight
categories according to their Identification Tag.
• Make sure all Flamingos are dried off and are placed
under infra-red lights at the end of the day.
2017-2019 University of South Africa: University Tutor
• Module State of the Environment in Southern Africa.
• Department of Geography located at the College of
Agriculture and Environmental Sciences.
• Facilitating an online module for third-year BSc students
majoring in geography and environmental management.
• Creating study tips, exam questions and learning activities
based on geography and environmental learning modules.
• Helping students with exam preparation, difficult topics and
how to approach certain science topics during the
• The following topics are addressed during the semester: 1:
Environmental change and resources in Southern
2: Atmosphere, weather and climate.
3: Freshwater systems and resources.
4: Soil resources.
5: Biological diversity.
6: The ocean and coastal systems.
7: Population and policy.
8: The spatial economic landscape.
2015 University of Johannesburg: Department of Geography
Environmental Management and Energy Studies.
• Tutoring second year Geography students in
Biogeography, Soil Science, Human Geography and
• Guest speaker at Kruinsig Residence for Green week.
• Guest Speaker at Saint Catherine’s Convent for Green
• Presented Honours research at The Geography Student
Conference “Geography in a Changing World”.
• Presented Honours research at cross-departmental
symposium at the University of Johannesburg.
2014 University of Johannesburg: Department of Geography
Environmental Management and Energy Studies.
• Worked with a team of engineers and environmental
scientists in my project management module to build and
compete in a canoe race against other tertiary institutions.
My role in the team was to write reports and address
companies for sponsorship.
• Built a sustainable vegetable garden for a non-profitable
organisation which supports orphaned children that have
been burnt by shack fires.
• Built a compost heap for the same organisation.
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microbiology lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|