August 2018 – Present Chemical Engineering Consultant Blue Aqua Projects
Consulting work on various projects for the company:
• Drafting of water treatment plans for tender bid documents to Eastern Cape municipalities.
• Design of a water treatment and bottled water facility from borehole water.
• Safety audit for grain silos in relation to grain dust and its hazards around equipment.
January 2017 – July 2018 Assistant project manager Omni Thuso (Pty) Ltd
Management of projects onsite to ensure timeous execution reporting to project manager. Projects managed include:
• Demolition of Germiston municipal building in preparation for renovations.
• Diagnosis and maintenance of selected government clinic generators across Johannesburg.
• Proposal on generator upgrades and networking.
March 2016 – December 2016 Chemical Engineering intern Ecolab
Initially stationed at Sasol Synthetic Fuels Secunda South Africa responsible for the following:
• Optimization of chemical dosing program around water treatment process with equipment including clarifiers, cold lime softeners, ultrafiltration membranes, ion exchange vessels and reverse osmosis membranes.
• Daily laboratory tests on key parameters on the water treatment plant.
• Scheduling of cleaning of reverse osmosis membranes.
• Troubleshooting onsite around plant operations in addition to chemical dosing plan.
• Monitoring of cooling tower chemical treatment with focus on foaming, microbiological growth and corrosion.
Stationed at National Petroleum Refiners South Africa and responsible for the following:
• Desalter optimization
• Chemical dosing optimization based on KPIs for desalter crude feed, crude column, preflash column distillate hydrocracker and amine plant.
• Ordering and checking of stock.
• Calculations for operating recommendations for Natref crude distillation unit based on critical system parameters.
• Tracking of corrosion parameters for Natref crude distillation unit, amine plant and hydrogen plant.
• Compiling and revising control plans around chemical dosages.
November 2013 - January 2014 Chemical Engineering vacation work
Vacation work student at a chemical engineering company called Holland & Hausberger Pty (Ltd). I was responsible for the following:
• Assisting the design team check material specifications and operating conditions (temperatures, pressures and flowrates) for on running designs.
• Editing PFDs and P&IDs.
• Conducting laboratory work on prospective catalysts for fluidised beds.
• Research into new technologies such as Reverse Osmosis which could be coupled with on running plant operations as a water cost cutting option.
Registered ECSA (Engineering Council of South Africa) candidate engineer, South African ID, South African Code B driver’s license, IELTs 2019 (Speaking 8 Listening 8.5 Writing 6.5 Reading 8)
COMPUTER LITERACY AND LANGUAGES
International Computer’s Drivers Licence (ICDL) 2008, Able to work with Microsoft office packages (1995-2010), MATLAB, Fluent in English and Shona, Basic Setswana and isiZulu
UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND 2011-2016
Master of Science in Engineering 2015-2016
Introduction to Oil and Gas Production Corrosion Mechanism, Nanotechnology, Research Project –Biogasoline production from waste cooking oil, Process Instrumentation and Control in Refining, Oil Products and Refining, The Future of the Automotive Industry and Fuels, Introduction to Oil and Gas Offshore Platforms/ Pipelines
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering 2011-2014
Year 1 2011
Environmental Economics, Mathematics for Engineering, Mechanics and Electricity, Chemistry, Process Engineering 1, Social History of Technology
Year 2 2012
Human Resources Psychology, Critical Thinking and Philosophical Reasoning I, Mathematics for Engineering II, Energy Balances and Applications, Process Engineering Fundamentals, Computing for Process Engineering, Materials and Mechanical Design, Chemistry II
Year 3 2013
Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics , Environmental Process Engineering , Numerical Methods, Transport Phenomena, Chemical Engineering Laboratories, Mass Transfer Operations, Chemical Engineering Design Principles
Year 4 2014
Chemical Engineering Design, Chemical Engineering Laboratory Project, Management for Process Engineers, Solid Fluid Systems, Hydrometallurgy, Process Control, Synthetic Fuels, Basic Transport Phenomena in Biomedical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering
I am a chemical engineer with a Cambridge A, AS and IGCSE background. I have experience in industry and have tutoring experience. I have been tutoring in my spare time to high school and junior level university students in a broad range of science subjects: Maths, chemistry, biology and basic engineering principles.
chemistry lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest thermodynamics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, natural sciences lessons for all!
Taking chemical engineering lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R250||R200|
|5 hours||Not available||R1100||R1000|
|10 hours||Not available||R1300||R2000|