Are you someone who is focused on improving your life? Having a coach or someone to assist you in this journey is something that most people would benefit from and it is no different when considering your own fitness. Your body is an important part of being a well-balanced, healthy individual and with the help of a personal trainer you can tackle your fitness with confidence.
The best is you can now also find a fitness instructor online to make this process convenient and quick. A fitness trainer will help you to begin by providing structure, guidance and motivation. There are, however, plenty of other benefits and we hope that this article will help you find an online training partner in a beat.
Why Start a Fitness Program?
Making the decision to improve your fitness is required before you even consider a personal trainer. It is a decision you make for yourself and a massive step towards an improved lifestyle. Research has shown that exercise can reduce stress and our overall mood. By exercising you will increase the amount of oxygen in your blood which in turn will create a healthy body and mind.
The benefits of doing physical exercise is something that has been documented, researched and known for centuries across the globe. You can search the internet and find hundreds of reasons around how actualised health and fitness goals can benefit your life, but have you found your own personal motivation and reasons?
Knowing what your goals and reasons are will not only empower you to keep going through challenging times, it will also help when you select a personal trainer. These will become what motivates you and the starting block in your search for a fitness instructor. The correct personal trainer will be someone who would suit your fitness goals. Consider the following general fitness goals:
- Just work on your health and fitness
- Build muscle mass and strength
- Lose weight
- Toning or getting into shape
- Preparing for a race or fitness event
- Reducing stress
- Working on your mobility/movement
- Doctor’s orders to work on cardiovascular health
Fitness on Your Own
To invest in your health and fitness by going at it on your own is certainly better than being a couch potato. Whether you decide to start jogging or join a local gym, this is something that you would have to research if you want to find the most suitable fitness route for yourself.
A personal trainer will help make fitness a more pleasant experience.
They will provide the correct approach and programming to ensure your muscles warm-up before workouts and you work according to a program that suits your personal fitness stage and capabilities. You might also not have the experience and expertise to ensure you do the exercises correctly and just jumping into some exercises might lead to injury or an experience that shocks your body so much you end up resenting exercise. Most injuries, if not all, can be prevented and some are so severe you might be out of action for months. Be sure you take care of yourself and are well informed before you start with exercise.
Another big challenge in managing your own fitness regime is to remain motivated. Will you get to each session after you had a long and tiring day? This is something a good fitness instructor will help you with. A trainer will motivate you to continuously work towards achieving your health and fitness goals. It’s a lot easier to stick to a session if you know it is booked and your personal trainer is waiting for you.
One of the most inspiring places when you try to tackle a fitness program on your own is the nearest gym. With a variety of exercise areas and equipment it might be the right place to accomplish your goals, but ensure you know how to use the equipment and speak to gym personnel if you need any assistance.
Have you ever considered getting an online personal trainer? Let’s look at some of the reasons why online training might just be the thing for you.
How Can an Online Trainer Help You?
Now you know how a personal trainer can help you with motivation and how their knowledge and skills can guide you to approach a fitness program safely. Did you know that you can find a personal trainer online that can train you in the comfort of your own home? Or that with a few simple clicks you can find a fitness instructor who gives online training in your area? You can compare them and see which one is the most suitable, but let’s help you by looking at some benefits in getting an online personal trainer.
By connecting with an online trainer you can enjoy professional program scheduling at a reduced cost. An online personal trainer will incorporate the correct warm-ups, techniques and cool-downs for each session and set you up to achieve your personal goals. They usually charge less as they don’t have to travel to a gym and pay rent for the space they are using when they train you.
You will also save time with online training, because your online fitness instructor will give you their expert advice and tips in the comfort of your own home. This means you won’t have to battle the traffic to the gym or fight your way through to equipment during peak times. An online personal trainer will also save you time by bringing the knowledge of the latest discoveries in the fitness industry to you and show you how you can make the most of it.
One of the most beneficial added benefits an online personal trainer can offer you is their advice around the correct diet. Health and fitness instructors continuously work with people to achieve their fitness goals and understand the science around how nutrition will impact this. Whether you want to lose weight or gain lean muscle mass, they will be able to give you guidance on how to adapt your current diet and create a new nutritional plan to support your new goals.
Selecting an online trainer is usually also safer. Online trainers are ordinarily well-screened to ensure their qualifications are valid and they are a good reflection of the sites representing them. Finding a personal trainer on a trusted online platform would thus assist in selecting one you can trust.
Finding Your Fitness Instructor Online
Once you know what your objectives are and how easy it is to find an online personal trainer you can start screening the various candidates online. During this fact-finding mission try to find out as much as possible about the potential trainers you are considering. Make sure you look at the following when you start discussions with them:
- What is their specialty and how would they assist you in your health and fitness goals?
- Are they able to offer advice around diet and nutrition?
- What type of experience do they have, where have they completed their training and what qualifications do they hold?
- Could they share some success stories of what their clients achieved with you? You might be able to find some recommendations and reviews of them online as well.
- What is their approach and style to health and fitness when they start to work with clients?
- Is their schedule flexible or do they have limited slots available a week?
- What are their rates? Make sure you research average rates as well.
- How long is a training session? (One hour is the average.)
- Do they have an introductory offer, like a promotional taster and any other discounts?
- What is the cancellation policy in-case something comes up and session needs to be rescheduled?
- How does payment work?
- Can they train you at home or do they only provide online training?
Most of these questions will help you to make a full assessment on whether a specific trainer will suit your style and needs. You can find a personal trainer at your nearest gym, online or through recommendations from your friends and family members. Try to have a budget or indication of how much you want to spend in mind before you start discussions to make the most out of everyone’s time.
Doing an online search will enable you to answer most of these questions without even speaking to the trainer. Let’s look at some interesting websites for finding your new fitness instructor online.
Some Websites for Finding Personal Trainers Online
The online training world has become a thriving community of professionals offering their services online.
Most of these trainers have websites that clearly lay out their procedures, rates etc. Some of them also sell add-on services and online training packages. A lot of them are also very active on social media platforms, so make sure you run a search on platforms such as Instagram.
It is important for you to decide whether you would like to be trained by a fellow South African or an internationally-based trainer. There are, in fact, certain benefits in appointing someone in your area, especially when you are starting out and you want some introductory face-to-face sessions. A local might speak your language and will usually charge a rate that is more suitable for your region.
Here are a couple of recommendations for personal trainer search websites to help you find trainers in your area:
- Gumtree – Known for selling almost anything online, this is an open site that allows people to sell their services directly including health and fitness services. Please ensure you are safe when meeting someone for the first time and check-up on their recommendations, references and all other details before enlisting the services of anyone online.
- Superprof - Easy to search and compare trainers with all their details available at the click of a button. You can also look at references and recommendations.
- Personal Trainer SA – This site has been operating since 2005 and provides an easy search of trainers who usually operate from core gyms in your area. They might be willing to come to your home or conduct online sessions, but this will only become evident once you have a conversation with them.
Working with a Personal Trainer Online
If you will embark on a training programme with a coach on the web, this is what you will need to keep up with your lessons online:
- A smartphone, tablet, PC or laptop.
- A reliable internet connection
- A webcam program. Many webcam apps and programs can be downloaded for free, and the following are the most popular: Google Hangouts, Skype, HouseParty, and Zoom.
- A webcam. Newer devices all come with built-in webcams.
- Optional: You may need to buy a headset with a microphone attached if your device’s built-in microphone is not the best quality.
Tip: Be sure to install all the latest software updates for your device. By doing this, you will have access to all the most recent features.
Your choice to choose health and fitness for a fitter version of yourself is one that would most certainly benefit you in the long run. We hope our article provided useful information and that you are all set and ready to find your future coach online.