During the last ten years I specifically focused on working with young adults learning new fields in order to find jobs. I enjoy extracting the latent knowledge from learners - this places the focus on getting learners to participate and to learn from each other in addition to my own skills and knowledge. I see myself as the guide on the side rather than the sage on the stage! Interaction and learner participation are my key areas of focus.
I am a lifelong educationist with 18 years experience in teaching high school learners and a further 20 years in teaching and mentoring unemployed grown-ups enrolled on learnerships. I have worked extensively in upskilling teachers and people with disabilities. My learner results were exceptional. I love building relationships with students with divers abilities from different socioeconomic and educational backgrounds to foster excellent educational outcomes. With my doctorate in Literature, I am qualified and skilled at teach literature to all levels of education.
My rates will vary for students who do post-graduate studies.
DR ANNAMARIE KNOBLAUCH
Educator with extensive experience in secondary, tertiary, adult, and teacher education; materials and curriculum development; and facilitation (including English for non-English speakers), moderation, and assessment in the public and private sectors. Proven ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with students with diverse abilities from different socioeconomic and educational backgrounds to foster excellent educational outcomes. Committed to lifelong learning: hold DLitt and completed numerous subsequent certificate courses including 120-hour TEFL qualification and various certifications related to assessment and teaching practices.
Taal is my eerste liefde en daarom het ek buite werksure my Doktorsgraad in Letterkunde verwerf. Ek is bekend as leerkrag wat omgee vir die individue in my klas en my leerders het deurgaans uitstekende resultate behaal. My ondervinding sluit in: onderrig van Afrikaans Huistaal, asook Engels Tweede taal. My wye ervaring oor die totale spektrum van onderrig (beide in die sekondêre skoolfase en naskoolse opleidingsfase) het my die vaardighede laat slyp om met enige leerder van enige agtergrond te werk.
Siyaya Skills Institute Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Facilitation and Assessment Manager, Training Department 2019–2020
• Managed 73 members of staff across three sections: assessors and facilitators, moderators, and archivists (portfolio building and storage)
• Ensured that all facilitators, assessors, and moderators were allocated to projects; monitored lessons to ensure quality and timeous conclusion; performed quality assurance on assessments and moderations
• Prepared for external verification and moderation by the relevant Sector Education Training Authorities (SETAs)
• Collated external verification reports and ensured implementation of recommendations by external verifiers and moderators; reworked policies and procedures for these sections as needed
• Revised training materials for Cleaning (Level 1) and Business Administration Services (Level 2) to shorten training sessions—reduced length of in-class training sessions by 50%, creating a more cost-effective training model
Moderation Manager 2018–2019
• Eradicated moderation backlog of about 3,000 moderations while keeping pace with daily workload
• Upgraded and restructured department
• Upskilled team of 10 moderators through internal training sessions and weekly one-on-one sessions with individual moderators; encouraged moderators to form small support groups with assessors and facilitators to grow skills
• Improved operations of Technical and Academic Training Departments through more hands-on approach and site visits to learners working on production lines and at host sites; reduced learner drop-off rate and increased learner competency
• Mentored identified successor for the position of moderation manager through transition of work and skills
Independent Consultant (Acting Moderation Manager, Cape Town) 2017–2018
• Restructured Moderation Department during six-month project, but completed project in five months; subsequently offered permanent position with company
• Managed team of seven to clear 170 moderations on 71 projects; worked alongside team members and provided on-the-job training and mentoring to improve output
Independent Consultant Various, South Africa
Facilitator, Assessor, and Moderator 2015–present
• Serviced clients including Siyaya, NID, PMI, and others
• Hold constituent registration with several SETAs, including Production Technology (Merseta), Wholesale and Retail Distribution and Operations (WRSeta), and Business Administration and Cleaning Services (Services SETA)
• Facilitated numerous national certificate (NQF) and other courses, with course topics including English literacy and communication, farming systems, wholesale and retail operations, moderator training, contact centre support, and logistics
Consultant, Learning Programme Alignment 2001–present
• Perform quality management system (QMS) development and align programmes to NQF and South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) requirements for NQF courses ranging from Levels 1 to 5
• Advise on applications for accreditation with various SETAs
• Develop curriculums, learning materials, assessment guides and instruments, mentoring programmes, and Portfolios of Evidence
• Created learning materials for a short course, ‘Conduct a Disciplinary Hearing’ (NQF Level 5)
• Produced Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) tool for Contact Centre Support (NQF Level 2)
Consultant, Materials Development (full qualifications and skills programmes) 2007–2018
• Serviced clients including Siyaya, PMI, Khanyisela College, and Ikhwezi Training
• Redeveloped learning materials for National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices, Level 5
• Reviewed learning materials for National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Distribution, Level 2, to provide user-friendly framework for deaf learners
• Developed learning materials for several NQF courses, with course topics including transport, wholesale and retail distribution and operations, production technology, and project management
Training Manager, National Institute for the Deaf (NID) 2016–2017
• Focused on recruitment and development of new training projects; successfully arranged recruitment, training, and coordination of seven groups of 25 disabled learners each
• Facilitated training for 25 deaf learners working for national organisation of wool and mohair growers (BKB); all trainees successfully completed Level 1 Agricultural Learnership; training included English for non-English speaking learners
• Implemented use of virtual sign language interpreters to improve deaf learners’ training experience
• Arranged recruitment, logistics, and in-service training of 14 facilitators, assessors, and moderators
• Contributed to the achievement of 98% successful completion and employment rate, with most groups completing Level 3 End-user Computing Learnership
Facilitator and Assessor, Production Management Institute (PMI) within the Adcorp Group 2015–2016
• Delivered novel project aimed at group of 18 deaf women working at BKB and completing the National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Distribution Services, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level 2
• Achieved 97% pass rate despite significant social and educational disadvantages of trainee group
• Participated in interviews on the success of the project with National Council for People with Disabilities and the national news network
Project Manager, PMI, Training Layoff Scheme for Mercedes-Benz South Africa February–May 2014
• Managed logistics, group of trainers and facilitators, and 1,200 employees trained
• Contributed to all enrolled employees successfully completing Production Technology Learnership
Monyetla Work Readiness Project, Business Trust 2007–2009
BPeSA Work Readiness Programme, BPeSA 2008–2009
BPeSA Work Readiness Programme, BPeSA Phase 3 2010-2013
• Developed curriculum for Monyetla pilot programme
• Conducted site visits and interviews with learners, facilitators, and employers
• Provided support and coaching regarding training, administration, and problem solving within programme, during both pilot and Monyetla Work Readiness Programme
• Evaluated and approved team leader training programmes, including for contact centre for 4,000 unemployed youth that had 98% success rate
• Reviewed Monyetla Work Readiness Programme curriculum and submitted programmes for team leader training for Monyetla Programme
Services SETA Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Instructional Design and Content Manager, Learnerships Division and Strategic Project Office 2006–2007
Education Specialist, Strategic Project Office 2005–2006
Manager, Training Development & Support 2003–2005
• Managed division responsible for development of training materials for the training of domestic workers; materials reviewed by Stellenbosch University and reported to have incredible impact on all project participants
• Developed creative training methods and skills development approaches to cater to illiterate learners who developed literacy skills as the training progressed
Member, Standards Generating Body (SGB) for Hygiene and Cleaning 2000–2007
• Reviewed qualifications and unit standards; drafted framing statements and constructed qualifications; liaised with SETA regarding publication of standards on SETA website
• Maintained archive system on completed work and work in progress on the Services SETA mainframe in accordance with document control requirements
• Conducted quality assurance of unit standards and final preparation of qualifications and unit standards for submission to SAQA
Delivery Support Systems (Pty.) Ltd. Port Elizabeth, South Africa
• Focused on the development of training providers that could be used for the training of domestic workers from 2003
• Contributed to establishment of first 18 providers in South Africa through the development of QMS and the management of the accreditation process and training of these providers
• Secured position with Services SETA due to the success of this project
Arts & Teaching Initiatives Port Elizabeth, South Africa
NPO focused on developing arts teachers in local disadvantaged communities by using unemployed artists to develop and assist educators and learners in the townships of Port Elizabeth
• Secured funding by producing and presenting financial proposals
• Recruited and trained artists; arranged artists’ visits with schools, managed logistics, and provided support for artist teachers
• Organized first African Jazz Festival for South African Development Community (SADEC) countries
Port Elizabeth Teachers’ Centre Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Leadership Roles 1994–2001
• Promoted from deputy head (1994–1996) to acting head (1996–2000) to head (2000–2001) of centre
• Conducted needs analysis and research as basis for in-service training programmes for teachers and principals at approximately 700 schools
• Arranged training programme relevant to needs, including tailored practical workshops
• Sourced additional financial support for projects
Secondary/High School Teaching Experience Various, South Africa
All positions included sports coaching and extracurricular involvement, with typical class sizes of 25–30 students taught in person in a coeducational, dual-medium environment
• Port Elizabeth Technical High School, Head of Department and Language Teacher (1988–1994)
o Selected by the Dept of National Education to represent South Africa at a Youth Seminar in Taiwan (1991)
o Selected to a small group of teachers to teach teachers computing skills (1990)
• Andrew Rabie High School, Language Teacher (1980–1987)
• Molteno High School, Language and History Teacher (1977–1979)
University of Port Elizabeth Port Elizabeth, South Africa
MA (cum laude)
University of Stellenbosch Stellenbosch, South Africa
Higher Education Diploma
Awarding Organisation: Teach TEFL South Africa (Online)
120-hour TEFL Certification
Education, Training and Development Practices SETA South Africa
• Design and Develop Outcomes-based Assessments
• Facilitate the Preparation and Presentation of Evidence for Assessment
• Conduct Outcomes-based Assessments
• Moderate Assessment
• Develop Learning Materials
• National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices Qualification, Level 6
TEFL Teaching Coaching Mentoring Assessment Facilitation Moderation
Quality management systems (QMS) Curriculum development Learning materials development
Intercultural communication Special needs students Multilingual students
Annamarie is a brilliant teacher. She has great language skills, vast experience and a brilliant sense of humour. She’s a delightful and accomplished teacher.
Annamarie was my Afrikaans teacher at school She is highly qualified and a passionate teacher. The combination of qualifications and passion is a success recipe for a superprof!
Annemarie taught me Afrikaans and was one of the most inspirational teachers with whom I engaged during my school years. She is super-efficient, organised, relates incredibly well to her students and obtains excellent results.
Annamarie comes highly recommended. I was a student of hers a number of years ago. She is passionate about teaching, with vast experience in all spheres of education.
I have no doubt you’ll have heaps of fun learning with her.
I have worked with Annamarie on many occasions and on quite a number of projects. She is always constant and transparent in the way she treats people. She respects peoples' diversity and confidentiality in everything she does.
esol (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R300||R240|
|5 hours||Not available||R240||R1200|
|10 hours||Not available||R200||R2400|