"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." -Aristotle
There are some who thoroughly enjoy their work and there are others who cannot stand the idea of working a full-time job; to each their own I guess! Therefore, without further delay, in today's article, we shall explore the many options of working, volunteering, finding summer jobs, and being hired to teach abroad.
Are you ready for your globetrotting tour?
The intense desire to help out other people who are struggling to make a better life for themselves is a truly enriching experience. However, it has been said that volunteerism is not so much about other individuals but rather about the person who is making an effort to volunteer. How's that? Well, volunteering is truly is a life-changing experience.
While it is true that there are many opportunities to volunteer locally in the UK, everyone needs assistance nowadays, the best places to spend your time volunteering are overseas in other faraway lands.
But why spend your time volunteering? Becoming a volunteer is a fantastic opportunity to do something selfless, make connections with other like-minded individuals, participate in wholesome activities that are good for the body, mind, and soul, and further the possibility to receive exciting jobs in the future.
Also, it is essential to state that while it is beautiful and dandy to have a desire to volunteer, it is necessary to go over the distinct types of volunteering available:
- Formal: requires stable, long-term attendance from volunteers in a formal setting. May include jobs such as a hospital volunteer, tour guide, or fundraising operator.
- Government Based: working for a government-based volunteer organisation entails helping the entity to make choices that will profit the company. When selecting to be a volunteer for a government-based company, it is highly recommended to choose one that may lead to an employment position.
- Non-Formal: opposite of formal volunteering, non-formal volunteers, work in unstructured settings with no public funding and usually in a community setting.
- Social: social reason volunteers fight together for the same cause and create awareness and participate in advocacy. Social volunteerism is not structured and does not need to be done every single week rather, social volunteers are active during specific occasions that call for it.
- Project Volunteering: the most stressful and most structured, project-based volunteers must complete a specific deadline and usually particular skills are required.
Before selecting a volunteer programme, a specific category of volunteerism should be chosen to ensure that the search is effectively completed.
Also, since we are incredibly passionate about volunteering at Superprof, we are thrilled to provide information about how aspiring volunteers can find online resources to guide them towards a volunteer job abroad. The following are the best sites to encounter volunteer options overseas:
- Go Overseas: probably the best online resource to find volunteering positions, Go Overseas site has over 3700 listings with recent reviews that can be trusted. Volunteer jobs can be browsed by countries such as Peru, Costa Rica, Thailand, Australia, Nepal, and South Africa.
- Volunteer World: do you want to travel the world and also partake in meaningful experiences? Visit Volunteer World to explore the volunteer options abroad that are available for solo and group travellers. Read the glowing testimonials of individual's to find out more about how to give in other countries.
Get good tutors online here.
Work and Travel Abroad
Work and travel abroad; it's really the best of both worlds. Why? Well, travelling without a purpose or wasting away on a deserted island can definitely be empty, having a bit of work mixed in with globetrotting is a perfect balance.
What's not to like about a life of visiting exotic locations, networking with other like-minded individuals, and a flexible schedule?
Nevertheless, while many desire to work and travel abroad, finding out how it can be done is quite puzzling to some; how does one begin?
Well, for starters, it's important to mention that becoming a digital nomad is the best way to enjoy the best life working and travelling. What is a digital nomad? A digital nomad is a person who uses telecommunications technologies to earn a living that contributes to their nomadic lifestyle.
Digitals nomads find well-paying jobs on internet sites and use wifi to work wherever they are in the world. The following are the best sites to find online work abroad to fully take advantage of travelling:
- Upwork: as a previous member of Upwork, I can definitely say it is useful since it helped me find the job I am currently working at! How does it work? After creating a profile that has been verified and that features your best skills, users start to apply for countless jobs that are posted by employers. From copywriting to translation jobs, the sky is the limit!
- Take Lessons: teaching jobs are by far the most popular employment positions for those who want to work abroad. Instructing others about topics that you are passionate about is a beautiful way to make money on a working holiday; the Take Lessons site is one of the best.
Also, it is essential to mention that if online positions are not your cup of tea, there are hundreds of jobs available abroad that allow time for visiting new places:
- Yacht Sailing Jobs,
- Bartending Jobs,
- Local Tour Guides,
- Massage Therapist,
- Working on a Cruise Ship,
- Working at a Backpackers Hostel.
We are positive that your experience of working and travelling abroad will be one of your best times!
Summer Jobs Abroad
Summer, summer, don't be a bummer.
Summer is always hugely anticipated by those who live in harsh climates in countries such as Canada, the United States, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Germany, and, of course, the United Kingdom.
Nonetheless, for many youngsters and students, the arrival of summer means one thing: finding a summer job!
While finding a summer job is the last thing one may want to do instead of attending parties, going to the beach, and going on holiday, it must be done to save money for the future. Also, those who get summer jobs from a young age learn the overall importance of money, how to save spending money, how to network with other professionals and a global insight into different careers.
Really there are more pros than cons to finding a summer job than not; so get off your Playstation and make yourself useful! Also, it's worth stating that to make summer jobs more entertaining, they can be found overseas, but how? Without further delay, the following are some useful online resources to find summer jobs abroad:
- Summer Jobs Abroad: the name says it itself, "Summer Jobs Abroad" is a fantastic resource and great way to find summer jobs in countries such as Austria, Canada, the United States, France, and Qatar. Many previous users boast fantastic reviews from the employment positions they have chosen.
- One World 365: since the site was made public in 2007, One World 365 has been helping people all over the world find employment opportunities in countries around the world. There is the opportunity on the One World 365 site to find gap year possibilities, internships, and summer jobs.
Also, before concluding this section, it's important to mention that to find the best summer jobs abroad it is essential to start searching early, be more creative than the competition, and look for virtual jobs that you can take with you.
Teaching Jobs Abroad
George Bernard Shaw is a genius, no question about it; however, I must admit that his famous saying, "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach," couldn't be farther from the truth since teaching is one of the versatile ways to make a living in today's world.
Becoming a teacher and instructing generations of youth is a rewarding career that opens up many possibilities.
Also, it is worth mentioning that in today's wanderlust-stricken world, teaching jobs are no longer uniquely reserved to a traditional classroom but rather in online one-to-one classes. The possibility of teaching in faraway lands to people of all nations is more accessible than ever before; doesn't that sound fun?
Now the question arises, how does one become a certified instructor to teach abroad in places far away? Due to the ever-increasing popularity of teaching abroad, there are many accreditations offered. Nonetheless, we highly recommend the TESL, TEFL, and TESOL options that specialise in providing English teaching qualifications.
Why English-teaching accreditations? English is consistently in demand in countries all over the world; therefore, there is never any lack of work and the qualifications are rather easy to get. But what do TESL, TEFL, and TESOL stand for? For instance, TESL means Teaching English as a Second Language, TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language, and TESOL signifies Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
After the certifications have been examined and you have chosen one, now comes the time to find a job, but where? The following are the best sites to find English teaching jobs abroad in distant lands:
- Teach Away: as a member of Teach Away, I can fully vouch for its quality as one of the best online resources to find ESL jobs. There are thousands of job posts that are updated frequently, and users can search for employment positions by job title, key responsibilities, and location.
- Superprof: the absolute best tutors in the world are found on Superprof. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that we are continually looking for new tutors that meet our expectations of quality. Apply for a job today to teach others about an academic subject that you are passionate about.
Also, before concluding this section, we recommend doing extensive research before-hand to find out which are the best countries to teach English or another subject in. For example, according to recent research studies, Chile, Senegal, United Arab Emirates, South Korea, and Spain are some of the best lands to teach English abroad in 2020.
To wrap things up, we are sure that by following the advice in today's article, you will find work opportunities in other lands to become immersed in a fantastic cultural experience. For what are you waiting, take the leap!
The platform that connects private tutors and students