"Electronic learning solutions can offer more collaboration and interaction with experts and peers, as well as a higher success rate than the live alternative." -Keith Bachman
Since the start of the 21st century, the internet has redefined our lives and caused us to re-think the efficiency of our daily tasks. For instance, mainly due to artificial intelligence, many jobs and chores have been made more simple than they were in the 1990s.
A primary industry that has experienced significant changes in the past decade is that of education. Through the popularity of e-learning, the education sector has had to adapt and go along with learning new academic disciplines or receiving remedial support on reputable websites from the worldwide web.
Therefore, since we fully embrace the effectiveness of virtual education to acquire further knowledge of topics such as foreign languages, in today's article, we shall highlight the most highly recommended online resources to reach Italian fluency in no time.
Click to learn Italian online here.
Reasons to Learn a Foreign Language Online
Before the internet, foreign tongues were learned by attending language schools or moving to another country where the target language was spoken. What about the material? In most cases, the teaching aids were boring old textbooks and review booklets.
It was much more of an effort to embark on the adventure of learning a foreign tongue in the 20th century than it is now.
However, thanks to modern technology's rapid advancement, learning languages has become much more engaging and attainable to people of all backgrounds. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean that all individuals are convinced by learning a language online. Therefore, the following are a few irrefutable reasons that will convince even the most traditional students that acquiring Italian fluency can be accomplished through e-learning:
- Multimedia Enhances Learning Experience: it doesn't matter if you're attending group or one-on-one language classes; through video calling platforms, a lot of images, videos, and audio files can be shared with students that augment the language learning experience. Also, by using multimedia files, Italian students are captivated from the start and are less likely to lose interest.
- Personalised Approach: before virtual lessons, foreign language classes were mostly conducted at language schools and groups. However, in most online tutoring communities, one-on-one lessons are encouraged, allowing students to receive a more personalised approach that primarily focuses on their unique needs when learning Italian.
- More Flexible and Accessible: rather than following the rigid schedules offered at language institutions or universities, online learning with a reputable tutoring community such as Superprof enables learners to select tutors and timeframes that work with their agenda. Also, if you decide to teach yourself Italian, plenty of online resources can be found that don't restrict your schedule. So, if it's your desire, you could even learn Italian at 4 AM!
We are in no way dissing or casting shade on those who want to continue learning a foreign language in the traditional sense. Instead, we inform individuals about the brilliant benefits of gaining fluency in Italian by taking virtual classes with tutors or utilising other fantastic online resources.
Click here to join Italian lessons on Superprof.
The Five Best Online Tools to Become Fluent in Italian
Now that we've clarified why it's a fantastic idea to use all the internet to become fluent in Italian, learners better take advantage of the tools available to them. Nonetheless, since there are so many websites, blog posts, and resources out there on the world wide web for Italian learners, it is quite daunting to select the best ones.
Have no fear; Superprof is here to save the day! Let us take a look at the five best online resources for Italian learners.
One of the founding fathers and reigning kings of online language learning resources, Babbel has garnered a spectacular reputation in recent years for its dynamic lessons that can be taken at a time and place most convenient for the student.
Students can select a guided learning path that fits their interest and learning level. For example, newcomer, beginner, intermediate, and advanced lesson plans focus on essential aspects of life, such as culture, work, or travel.
All new students start with a short placement test so that the Babbel algorithm can determine if you are a beginner or intermediate student. This is great since we often tend to misjudge our language learning level and skills. The placement test prevents "false" beginners from wasting too much time studying material that they already know.
Some of the previously created Babbel lesson classes in Italian cover the following topics of interest:
- Listening and Speaking,
- Countries and Traditions,
- Words and Sentences,
- Refresher Course.
As a past user of Babbel to learn Portuguese, I much appreciated the high-quality lessons that touched on all essential aspects of language acquisition, such as reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
Also, another attractive feature of Babbel is that the first seven days of lessons are entirely free!
Considered the "authentic way" to study Italian, Yabla has many positive characteristics that make it one of the best online resources for Italian students of all levels. Students acquire fluency in Italian by watching videos in an online video player designed explicitly with learners in mind.
Users can control the speed of playback and select specific words from the subtitles for Italian terms' definitions.
Yabla has videos that help beginner, intermediate, and advanced students touch on necessary learning topics such as grammar, popular Italian culture, vocabulary, and conversation skills. There are a few sample videos to check out, but Italian learners have access to more than 2350+ videos after becoming a member.
People can try Yabla for free for the first 15 days; however, it's worth stating that the monthly fee won't break the bank at around £10 per month.
It's worth stating that the Yabla content is very entertaining, and it keeps users coming back day after day!
Another brilliant tool for Italian language enthusiasts is known as Memrise. With an extensive online education community that helps learners acquire fluency in 22 languages, Memrise is an app that can also be used on a computer. Memrise has the opposite purpose of school textbooks since it wants to make language learning enjoyable and effective.
Founded in 2010, Memrise has grown to become a community of more than 50 million members.
It is essential to state that the three following principles guide Memrise's mission:
- Provide Real-Life Language Content: it's a well-known fact that if learners do not feel that the information they are studying is relevant for their lives, they will eventually lose interest. Memrise language experts are interested in teaching students the words and phrases they use in everyday life.
- A Brilliant Mix Between Science and Tech: a wonderful melange of scientifically proven language research and state of the art technology functions make Memrise a force to be reckoned with in the world of online education.
- Wildly Entertaining: Memrise developers recognise that the best learning experiences are had when they are fully engaged in the material; therefore, all of their content is tested before making its way to the app.
Search the Memrise website or download the app off the Google Play and App Store today!
Students of the Glossika Italian resources learn to absorb Italian patterns and speak naturally without memorising boring lists of grammar and vocabulary. Many Italian students appreciate Glossika for its convenient and hands-free approach that trains the ear to understand Italian conversation.
The software speaks to you, and you repeat the phrases after. There are over 6,800+ sentences 5,000+ words on the Glossika Italian program. Students from Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, and NYU have used Glossika to hone their Italian skills.
To allow users to become familiar with the Glossika method, the first seven days are entirely free of charge!
Click here to join Italian courses London by Superprof.
Last but not least is Superprof. With a tutoring community of over 13 million educators that teach a wide variety of academic disciplines, Superprof is slowly becoming a household name in the UK. According to our site, there are currently 1709 Italian tutors conducting lessons at an affordable price and most convenient for the learner.
Learners can choose to study Italian with their tutor either in-person or online. It's worth mentioning that various experienced Italian educators can offer advice as to where you can find more online resources to make the language learning experience more possible.
Also, not only is Superprof the home of many great Italian teachers but the blog section of our website offers excellent advice on how to successfully learn foreign languages such as Italian.
In conclusion, we powerfully suggest that you start using at least one of the previously mentioned online resources when studying Italian. The results will be exponentially better, and the experience of honing Italian skills will be remembered as a joyous one!
The platform that connects private tutors and students