I create learning experiences rather than instructional episodes — by constantly refining how to get the students from what they arrive knowing to what they need to understand or be able to do when they leave.
I walk my own talk — by that I mean i embody and model the spirit of what i teach & expect of my students.
I can see my own work through my students' eyes — i have not lost my personal connection to what it's like to be a student. When the learning goes well, i ensure the students own this success. When it doesn't, the 'buck' lands firmly in my lap
Teaching is a Great Profession Because…
1. You witness daily “lightbulb” moments when students finally understand and master a skill.
2. Kids are fun!
3. You make a difference in a child’s life every single day.
4. You get to read beautiful children’s picture books on a daily basis.
5. Everyday you play the role of actress, comedian, coach, cheerleader, parent, juggler, and super organized multi-tasker. You are a super hero without the cape!
6. You are a lifelong learner and learning is fun.
7. Your professional wardrobe is filled with comfortable clothes and shoes.
8. Creativity is encouraged.
9. There is never a dull moment in your classroom.
10. You can wear a battery operated, light-up sweater with a flashing reindeer nose in December and 24 5-year olds think you are a fashionista.
11. No two days are ever exactly alike.
12. It challenges you intellectually, creatively, and emotionally to be the best you can be.
13. You get to teach students life lessons every day. From success to failure, you guide them through each phase of learning.
14. No other profession has such a wonderful support and mentor system that encourages you to succeed.
15. Time off during the winter holidays to spend with family and friends.
16. You become an expert at behavior management and organizing your time.
17. Other teachers are willing to share ideas online to help you with lesson planning.
18. You will always be aware of the current toy/eraser/collecting card/bracelet obsession and will soon amass a collection of them on your desk when they distract your students.
19. You have the privilege of seeing students progress and grow throughout their time in your classroom.
20. Summer vacation, because it gives you uninterrupted time to plan for next year. Everyone knows – it’s not really time off!
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||R120|