I always like starting from the basics of teaching before in eventually dive into the deeper areas of the subject. I believe that once someone knows the how the cream on the cake was made that the understanding of exactly how the cake was made would be much more clearer to them.
I am a graduate of Accounting and Finance and Investment. I have been giving private lessons since the year 2019 till date. All the students I have taught, passed the subject with great marks. I have worked as a bookkeeper and have done several internships with companies.
1. Postgraduate Education:
Institution: University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
Course: Master of Management in Finance and Investment
Year Completed: 2018
2. Undergraduate Education:
Institution: University of Botswana, Botswana
Course: Bachelor of Accounting degree
Year Completed: 2014
3. Secondary Education
Institution: Rainbow High School, Botswana
Course: Cambridge IGCSE
Year Completed: 2009
1. Company: Tanchi Consulting, South Africa
Duration: April 2020- June 2020
• Working closely with accounting team to create and analyse the financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable.
• Recording day-to-day financial transactions and completing the posting process.
• Verifying that transactions are recorded in the correct cashbook, supplier, customer ledger and general ledger.
2. Company: Bank of Baroda, Botswana
Duration: June – December 2013
Function: All departments
• Account opening forms- entering of applications for opening bank account into the system using the software called Finacle (a system for entering applications for ATM cards, processing signatures, etc.)
• Customer service department- working at the enquiry desk assisting customers with their requests and needs.
3. Company: MASA, Botswana
Duration: June – August 2012
Function: All departments
• Worked with the business accounting software which includes general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and other reporting models (debit note, credit note etc)- entering accounting transitions into the system and ensuring that all transactions have been recorded in the right accounts.
• Obtained essential training in Sage Pastel Accounting System
4. Company: University of Botswana, Department of Social Sciences
Position: Research assistant
Duration: May – June 2013
Research conducted on the following:
• HIV AND AIDS Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of older Adults in the social ecology of Botswana
• Conducting a survey around different towns in Botswana
• Data entry using SPSS
• Designing of template
• Investigating language displacement within Anglophone immigrant families residing in Botswana.
• Designing of Template
• Data entry and coding
OTHER WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Tutoring students in English, Maths, Accounting for over 6 months since May 2019 till date.
VICE PRESIDENT OF (NANSIDO) - Nigerian Students association at the University of Botswana
• In charge of all the Nigerian students’ affairs at the University of Botswana
• Working hand in hand with the Nigerian High commission planning and organizing events with them
• Sage one payroll
• Sage one accounting
• Sage pastel accounting
• Wave Accounting
• Microsoft word
• Microsoft excels
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• EViews and Gretl
• CSV file conversion
ADDITIONAL SKILLS: Team-builder, Team- Leader, Leadership skills, Hardworking, Accurate, Good communication skills, Research skills (data collection, data entry), Interpersonal skills, Fast Learning, Good memory, Innovative, Reading, Teamwork, Loyalty, Punctual,
English, Igbo, French (Intermediate)
She is hard working and understands the content. She pays attention to detail and goes an extra mile to make you understand the content. I recommend her to other members of the group.
I have known Chioma over 3 years now and she is dependable and efficient in what she does which makes her exceptional in all that engages on having been driven by her passion to excel always.
She is an embodiment of a teacher, sound, patient, articulate and good sense of direction. Her ability to keep her students at alert and her participatory method of delivering tutorial definitely make a difference in the life of every learner who had received her tutorials.
I will definitely recommend Chioma to anyone who needs her services.
She is confident, very patient and eager to bring out the desired outcome. Has a very strong command of the English language and makes it easy to understand her teachings. Works well and understands the younger generation. I would definitely recommend her.
Chioma is a brilliant girl who pays attention to detail. She had brilliant training in mathematics. As an undergraduate she had her best grades in mathematical and statistics courses. She is a good teacher, very remarkable. and reliable. She is the best.
She takes her time to understand the academic needs of her students and employs strategies to meet each of those academic needs.
Chioma is very calm and determined and she will strive to ensure that whomever she is tutoring grasps the concept. I can confidently recommend her without any reservations.
Chioma is a God fearing young woman, full of love, well disciplined, intelligent, possesses excellent tutoring skills and is fluent in English. She's committed to making a positive impact in other people's lives and leaves a mark of excellence in everything she does.
Give her a try, you will definitely be impressed.
Chioma is the most kind hearted and gentle person you could ever find. And with her tutoring you, you wouldn't regret it as she has patience to make sure that you progress further and understand exactly what you're doing. She doesn't mind taking her time in making sure that you comprehend and get with the program.
Chioma loves helping people and she has a kind heart, is a great study partner and an even better tutor.
accounting lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, commerce lessons for all!
Taking financial management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||R140||Not available||R160|
|10 hours||R1350||Not available||R1600|