My teaching is based on real world experience. I have the educational background to support my knowledge and many years of experience applying these tools. While in college, I noticed that the curriculum was very complicated. Very simple things were made to be extremely complicated. My best friend was struggling in an Excel class, with things that literally take 3 seconds. I tutored her, and she went from failing to a "B" average. I am open to just about any type of student, young ones that want to improve their knowledge of Microsoft applications, or college students.
I do use Zoom to communicate with students for virtual training, but for anyone within a certain distance from my home, could be available for face to face teaching as well
My experience is really as an IT and Project Manager. I was a software developer, network administrator, hardware technician, just about every role you can have in Information Technology. That experience gives me the ability to truly explain how to use these tools effectively and in real world situations. Many times the book does not explain how to apply what you have learned. I can provide both to the student. The logistics and how you really use the tools.
Though my career I have taught classes in Microsoft Products, as well as developed training materials for those products and new applications we developed. I have taught healthcare professionals how to use computers and new applications. My entire career has spanned 30 years and I have provided some type of training through most of that time
For students taking classes at beginner level, the rate will be 25/hour
For advanced students, or those that wish to take classes in SQL or Project Management, the rate will be 35/hour.
For Distances farther than 60 miles from my location, the travel rate will increase. But that can be negotiated at the time of business
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Diverse and progressive experience supporting, developing and managing technology projects from initiation to closure. Experience includes Project Management of Software Development and Implementations, Requirements gathering, process redesign, resource planning, budgeting, strategic planning and Resource management.
• M.S. Management Information Systems Georgia College, Milledgeville GA (2002)
• B.S. Computer Science New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark NJ
• Certificate in Leadership Development Nursing Association of Georgia, Atlanta GA
• Certificate in System Redesign and Visioning Nursing Association of Georgia, Atlanta GA
• Certificate in Behavioral Interviewing University of New Mexico
• PMP Certification PMI (2010)
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification VMEdu, inc. 2013
1/2016 – Present Contract Project Analyst Teksystems
• Responsible for the testing, training, workflows and deployment for the WIC replacement system for NM Department of health. This is a multi-state project, involving multiple vendors and application integration between the EBT and MIS system.
11/2014-10/2015 Contract Project Manager Robert Half Albuquerque, NM
• Currently managing the following projects for St Vincents Hospital. Responsibility for each project varies from initiation to closure. Create timelines, resource allocation, risk management plans, issue logs and monthly executive status reporting.
o Implementation of Athena Clinicals for Heart Clinic – PHASE I Completed including ADT and Scheduling interfaces
o Meaningful Use attestation management for medical clinics
o Hardware and software upgrades for EEG department
o System selection of Electronic Health Record for Heart Institute
o Interface development between Athena EMR and Cerner
o Windows 2003 server end of service and application upgrade
Also performed Data conversion and analysis routines for the appointment data imported into Athena Clinical from Cerner
Software: Microsoft Project, Visio, SalesForce, Mosaiq, Intellicure, Athena, Cerner,Microsoft Office, SQL 2014
1-2014 – 11/2014 Contract Project Manager Teksystems Santa Fe, NM
• Project Manager of the myAvatar upgrade and implementation of the Order Entry, OrderConnect, ICD-10 and Incident Tracking modules. Also implementation of the Orchard LIMS and interfaces between the different systems
• Project manager for the New Mexico Department of Health upgrade of the Allscripts Practice Management and Electronic Health Record applications. Managed the Implementation through closeout
Microsoft Project, Visio, Microsoft Office, Allscripts PM and EHR
6-2008 – 1-2014 Remote IT Project Manager CBI Federal Services Albuquerque, NM
Manage application development projects for client web, database and GIS applications through the SDLC. Manage subcontracts, budgets, risks, deliverables, cost reporting, forecasts, and status reporting to client as well as executive management.
Provide Database administration support for SQL 2005/2008 databases. Redesign of schema and business model for client MMRP application. Develop Data conversion routines and ETL for MMRP field data using T-SQL and Integration Services
Utilize vcloud director to build and configure virtual machines
• Reduced the data transfer budget from >$300,000 for one site to $55,000 for three and reduced conversion time from 6 months to 1 day
• Managed the infrastructure upgrade from Windows server 2003 to Windows server 2008 R2
Microsoft Project 2010, Office 2010, Visio, Access, SQL Server 2005/2008, Sharepoint 2007, Server 2003, Microsoft Office, Axosoft OnTime, vcloud director, Windows server 2003/2008
8/2006 – 6/2008 IT/Project Manager Presbyterian Health Plan Albuquerque, NM
Project management of the operational Encounters (claims) processing team and system in a Facets environment.
Managed software development from projects from initiation through closing utilizing PMP methodology to support claims processing
• Redesign and implementation of submission of claims in standard EDI formats for Medicaid and Medicare (RAPS) to state organizations and CMS. (Facets) Project was responsible for revenue of approximately one hundred million dollars
• Design and implementation of Data Warehouse implementation strategy for loading claims and encounter data
Oracle 9i, Erwin Modeler, Visio, Microsoft Project, Business Integrator, xEngine 6.2, Microsoft Office, PL/SQL, SQL Tools, Facets 4.3
5/2003 – 8/2006 Project Manager First Consulting Group Albuquerque, NM
Project Manager of application development projects Hands on data warehouse design and implementation for a local health plan organization utilizing Facets, PPOone and Lifemark. Budgets for projects were approximately 10 million annually
• Project Plan development and management of Claims and Provider applications in a Facets 4.1 environment
• Interface with Data Warehouse hosting company and management of implementation
• Management of offshore report development team
• Requirements gathering for the data warehouse and reports, scope planning and management
• Facilitated Data Warehouse Users Group
• Facilitate and review business processes with Medical Economics team to develop strategies, utilize data extracts efficiently from Facets and Claimfacts and improve operations.
SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9.2i, Webfocus, Project 2003, Visio Professional, Erwin Data Modeler, Toad, WINSQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL)
1/2004 – 11/2004 Developer University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM
Responsible for daily operational support of Laboratory IS systems including hardware and software purchasing, needs analysis and requirements documentation, SQL DBA and software troubleshooting for the research department.
Visual Basic.NET, SQL 2000, MS Project 2003, Visio Professional, Microsoft Office
• Acted as the intermediary between users and HSC support.
• Designed and developed Genetic research applications utilizing VB. Net and SQL server 2000.
• Designed Project Plans for strategic goals to support laboratory research and governmental regulations.
8/2002 – 2/2003 IT Manager PMC Solutions Albuquerque, NM
Project schedule development and management of software development implementations for seven developers
Business analysis and process improvement to support:
• Software development, test and documentation utilizing CMMI methodology
• Help desk and customer support
Microsoft Office, Project, Project, Visio, Crystal Reports, Oracle, PL/SQL
3/2002 - 8/2002 Contract Senior Programmer Allied Business Systems Macon, GA
• Software development of financial management software
Visual Studio, SQL server 7 and Visual SourceSafe
7/2001 - 2/2002 IT Manager IHS Enterprise Solutions Warner Robins, GA
Project Planning and management of software development and implementation projects
• Management of the technical order repository software development team
• Requirements analysis and documentation
Development of the Tracking System for over 200 users to status and report document conversion requests (Oracle 8i, VB 6)
Development if Batch loaders to handle document processing and manipulation in the Technical Orders system
9/2000 - 7/2001 Contract Senior Developer Dyntel Corporation Atlanta, GA
Developed applications to support Nuclear Engineers field work
• Requirements Analysis and documentation
• Software development and troubleshooting
• Implemented the department Help Desk System
Visual Basic 6.0, SQL 7.0, Microsoft Project, Access 2000
5/2000 - 9/2000 Contract Trainer and Developer Nova Training Macon, GA
Contract position performing training in:
Access 2000, HTML Visual Basic, Frontpage, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project 2000
9/1998 - 5/2000 Director of IT Clean Control Corporation Bonaire, GA
Managed the operations of the IT department supporting a mid-size manufacturing company
• Redesigned network infrastructure to support internal/internet email and segmentation of the Macintosh network
• Worked as Project Leader for the selection, implementation and testing of the corporate ERP system.
• Managed consultants developing company B2B E commerce site, loading and updating information from the Ecommerce Inventory and Purchasing modules.
• Set up training programs for new ERP package, as well as Microsoft Office, Outlook and other packages.
• Installed and managed the NT and IIS server to support the Client ERP solution
5/1997 - 9/1998 Contract Project Manager Computermart Milledgeville, GA
Contract Project Manager
Project Manager and Technical consultant for the analysis, design, installation and implementation of a client/server Outpatient billing and insurance system for Central State Hospital
• Specified the hardware requirements, and performed installation of the hardware and software in a Windows NT 4.0/Novell environment
• Developed applications in Visual Basic to support Developmental Disabilities Program and internal Functions.
Developed and maintained standards for network hardware and software, initially installed the operating system, set system policies, and performed Network/Mail administration in a Windows NT/Netware and Groupwise Environment.
3/1989 - 5/1997 System Manager Medical Center of Central Georgia Macon, GA
Responsible for managing the IT operations (software and hardware) for the Patient Care division
• Developed and implemented an internal network hardware and software infrastructure to support all Patient Care Information Technology Needs
• Responsible for all capital and technical purchases included contract negotiations through approval
• Project manager for the development and implementation of the first real time, live surgical scheduling, case cart management, reporting, billing and inventory system in the State of Georgia
• Developed and maintained a batch interface to the HIS system to provide patient billing information
• Developed custom applications and Business Intelligence reports
basic computer skills lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ict lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft powerpoint lessons for all!
Taking databases lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R442||R427|
|5 hours||Not available||R1784||R2137|
|10 hours||Not available||R3568||R4273|