Energetic educator with proven skills in teaching students’ diverse subjects, online or one on one. Keep classrooms organized and students on-task to facilitate effective learning. Diligent and adaptable in meeting individual student needs with warm, safe educational environments. Committed to providing students with necessary tools to achieve academic goals, instilling love of learning and cooperative teamwork.
I have 25yrs management experience in the Hotel industry and do English tutoring for businesses and individuals formed around your specific needs. During my career I have developed experience in learning and teaching individuals or groups of students keeping my lessons fun and dynamic
HEILA VAN ROOYEN
Pretoria, GP 0186 (concealed information) (concealed information)
Energetic educator with proven skills in teaching students’ diverse subjects, online or one on one. Keep classrooms organized and students on-task to facilitate effective learning. Diligent and adaptable in meeting individual student needs with warm, safe educational environments. Committed to providing students with necessary tools to achieve academic goals, instilling love of learning and cooperative teamwork. Adept in application of excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Compassionate, creative, and effective Teacher with valuable experience in classroom administration, professional development, and project planning. Equipped with extensive background in versatile education environments. Student-centric instructor, academic facilitator, and motivational coach. Competent at performing independently or as member of teaching team. Well-versed in classroom and online technologies.
• Experiential learning
• Group learning mechanics
• Special education
• Student-centred learning • Testing and grading
• ESL- English as Second Language
• Student records management
• Lesson Planning
Online Teacher, 09/2020 to Current
Impact English Coach – Pretoria, Gauteng
• Evaluated and revised lesson plans and course content to facilitate and moderate classroom discussions and student-centred learning.
• Supported student teachers by mentoring on classroom management, lesson planning and activity organization.
• Kept students on-task with proactive behaviour modification and positive reinforcement strategies.
• Reviewed curriculum and devised alternate approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding.
• Incorporated exciting and engaging activities to reinforce student participation and hands-on learning.
• Enhanced student knowledge of technology by integrating various web-based applications for research and assignments.
• Held conferences with parents to address questions, discuss academic progress and encourage learning goals.
• Developed and taught lessons on relevant children's books, poems, movies, and themes to promote student interest of Children's Literature as avenue of study.
• Encouraged creative thinking and motivated students by addressing individual strengths and weaknesses based on standardized testing results.
• Assisted struggling students to maintain progress levels by designing individualized lesson plans focused on areas for improvement.
Hotel General Manager, 09/2019 to Current
Sandton Lodge Rivonia – Johannesburg, Gt
• Hired and trained new employees, demonstrating best methods for serving clients and guests.
• Greeted and assisted guests by gathering information pertaining to reservations or requests.
• Handled guest complaints and offered complimentary services to maintain high guest satisfaction rates.
• Established internal databases and record management systems to enhance accuracy and integrity of all documentation and data.
• Maintained excellent attendance record, consistently arriving to work on time.
• Monitored social media and online sources for industry trends.
• Managed quality assurance program, including on-site evaluations, internal audits, and customer surveys.
• Resolved conflicts and negotiated mutually beneficial agreements between parties.
• Drove operational improvements which resulted in savings and improved profit margins.
• Devoted special emphasis to punctuality and worked to maintain outstanding attendance record, consistently arriving to work ready to start immediately.
Assistant General Manager, 08/2015 to 08/2019
Velmore Hotel Estate – Centurion, Gauteng
• Maintained well-controlled business inventory with minimal losses by enforcing solid monitoring and management structures.
• Managed budget implementations, employee reviews, training, schedules, and contract negotiations.
• Engaged team members and improved performance by delivering daily updates and conducting weekly meetings to obtain feedback and convey new policies.
• Controlled spending on overhead and equipment by devising and executing cost-management procedures.
• Cultivated performance-based culture based on individual accountability, goal attainment and team achievement.
• Developed innovative sales proposals to promote product quality and showcase market comparisons.
• Mentored and motivated team members to efficiently achieve challenging business goals.
• Performed pricing and estimates based on customer needs and requirements.
• Maintained secure cash drawers, promptly resolving discrepancies for accuracy.
• Oversaw computer database and physical filing systems.
• Boosted revenue by implementing sales cycle procedures related to new business development and contract agreements.
• Built customer loyalty by devising promotions and products according to customer needs and budget.
• Handled cash accurately and prepared deposits.
• Motivated, trained, and disciplined employees to maximize performance.
High School Diploma: 12/1992
Grenswag Hoerskool - Rustenburg
NQF Level 5: Professional Business and Life coaching – LMC7
Orion Business Solutions
Training and Development – Assessor – Level 3
XX21 – Conduct on the job coaching
XX90 – Support and guide the learner
XX91 – Assess the learner
Training Dynamics & Consulting
GA Level 5 Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
English teaching and learning content Level 5
Lesson planning and resources in English language Level 5
Teaching English language grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation Level 5
Teaching four skills, listening, speaking, reading and writing Level 5
Teaching English 101 and online Level 5
Teaching Business English Level 5
Without a doubt, I confidently recommend Heila to tutor English. As a dedicated and knowledgeable person and an all-around great person, I know that she will be a beneficial addition to your learning.
Very pleased with Heila.
She is an excellent tutor, always going the extra mile for each and every one of her students.
Very professional and friendly teacher. Thanks for all your help.
esol (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|