My teaching methodology is that I base my approach on the class or the individual I have. How I base it is that I introduce the topic I generalize it to with the real world scenario and allow the learners to interact and stimulate critical thinking. from the response I then introduce the topic which makes it easier for the learner to understand the fundamentals. I sometimes use toys and prototypes to demonstrate the concepts at hand.
I am a qualified physicist/ tango dancer & photographer based in Protea Glen, inspired to empower young minds and break the stigma that math is a difficult subject to do. I have been tutoring for over 5 years both individual and group students, have reached more than 60 learners of which 80% of them were granted university entrance.
Institution: University of Johannesburg
Degree completed: Bachelors of Science in Physical Science(2017)
Major Modules Completed: · Mathematics III ( Real Analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Complex Analysis, Abstract algebra) · Physics III ( Modern physics, statistical and solid state physics)
Additional Modules Completed: · Applied mathematics I (Introduction to statics & introduction to dynamics) · Applied mathematics II (Introduction to differential equations & Introduction to numerical Analysis) · Mathematical Statistics I (Distribution theory & Statistical Inference)
KEY ACADEMIC PROJECTS
· 2016 Tertiary Mathematics Olympaid participant
· Facilitator of the community based tutorial organization known as CHILD
· Human centered Design course by Engineers without boarders UJ
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITES
· Chairperson of the UJ TANGO Club
· Mathematics and physics tutor for high school students
Institution: Physics Department at UJ (2016-2017)
Position(s) Held: · Demonstrator · Tutor · Student assistant research for Ultra-high vacuum
Tasks and Responsibilities: · Explain how to use the apparatus for experiments · Mark the practical reports · Invigilate during practical tests · Practical Consultant · Perform experimental calculations of the magnetic field present in the laboratory for the installation of the ultra-high vacuum machine · Set up the apparatus
Institution: Water Africa (2018)
Position(s) Held: · Data Administrator · Driver
Tasks and Responsibilities: · Mathematical modeler · Data capture & Analysis, Water effluent design and quotes, sample collection
· Administrative skills - As demonstrated in my previous duties (UJ Tango & Tutorial facilitator) both written and verbally
· Interpersonal skills - Communication, leadership and team work
· Computer skills – Windows, MS word, MS Access, MS Excel, PowerPoint
· Programming skills – HTML,lding a database using access; perform queries and reports, perform statistical calculations extensively in excel and drawing graphs for reporting
· Time management – ensuring that scheduled tasks are done on time and that every committee member is punctual including myself
· Problem solver
Perfect! I am really glad I met Sthembiso.
From our very first session he came well prepared and got to know my challenges. I like his methodology of teaching, had it not been for him I wouldn't have known what was expected from me in my exam.
Lool thank you again for encouraging me on doing those challenging questions .
She demonstrates a fair understanding of concepts, she just need to put in more effort in tackling more problems in that way it will help her get more clarity on certain issues arising.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||R160||R210||Not available|
|5 hours||R650||R900||Not available|
|10 hours||R1300||R1800||Not available|