My approach is that every learner can and I make it my intention to assist them in finding the best possible way. It may require repetition or more oral intervention, it may require pictures or games what ever the learner responds to best.
I am a mature teacher that has has many years of experience working with children especially those that have found English language, spelling and reading a challenge. I pride my self in the results that I have had with many learners that have not been able to master language.
Garda van der Merwe
Bachalor of Education Foundation phase
+(concealed information) (concealed information) Johannesburg South Africa
Personable and astute graduate offering experience in teaching foundation phase and special needs , childcare, teaching and volunteering within relevant industries, working with people from multiple ages and cultural backgrounds. An articulate and analytical individual capable of thinking laterally and critically, and who is confident working within diverse teams. Upholding a positive and friendly personality with a passion for making a difference in the community.
EXPERTISE & ATTRIBUTES
• Strong verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills
• Critical thinker, able to solve problems and devise solutions with sound organisational and time management skills
• Confident and dynamic personality, collaborative team member
• Passion for community development, human services work, childcare, and education
• Academic achiever (distinction average), committed to development
• Able to work autonomously and uphold organisational standards and policies
• Able to utilise computers and related technology efficiently
B ED (Foundation Phase)
UNISA, South Africa 2016- 2019
Access College, South Africa Qualified 2004
High School Education
Completed Matric 1998
LICENSES & MEMBERSHIPS
• Working with Childrens Check (WA)
• First Aid Level 2
• C Class Driver’s License
• Open Water PADI Divers License
Teacher May 2009 – Current
Foundation Phase teacher
• Deliver English lessons and other curriculum lessons based on a given curriculum that includes reading and writing; phonics; grammar and literature.
• Conduct end of unit assessments to test the knowledge of the student and readiness for progression.
• Compilation of progress reports stating the student’s progress in various areas throughout the unit.
• Deliver writing focused lessons based on a given writing curriculum.
• Build good rapport with students and parents to enhance learning.
Children’s Church Volunteer January 2010- 2013
Die Akker Christian Church
• Provide a safe environment for children between the ages of 1- 12 years.
• Provide appropriate religious education to the children.
• Establish an environment and relationship that encourages the children to be themselves and to grow in a safe environment.
Establish a safe and fun environment for children to participate in team sports and develop their skills, health, and social relationships.
• Accompany sports teams when partaking in events away from the school grounds, providing the support, care, and supervision as required.
• Uphold the health and safety standards at all times.
Jessica Mole +27 (concealed information)
Judy Hannington +27 (concealed information)
esol (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||R210|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||R1050|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||R2100|