I have always found that the most important way to learn an instrument is to build a connection with it. With that being said, I do not teach theory. Although I know how to teach theory, I have always avoided it because I find it has the potential to turn people away from learning the instrument. I compiled 3 books which explore strumming and picking techniques, chord progressions and barre chords. Once my students have completed the third book, I happily send them the numbers of theory guitar teachers that I am in contact with because I believe that they have formed a beautiful enough relationship with the instrument for them to start learning the more technical part of it!
I am a musician based in Cape Town who plays the guitar, piano and enjoys singing. I have been playing guitar for the past 10 years and I have been teaching guitar for the past 5 years. I have taught people of all age groups with my youngest being 6 years old and my oldest being in his late forties.
CAYLA JADE ADAMS
ENTHUSIASTIC GUITAR TEACHER LOOKING FOR BEGINNER STUDENTS
I am an enthusiastic and hardworking young guitarist who would like to share my passion for music with other eager musicians. I have an outgoing personality and I have a different approach to teaching. I, also, consider myself to be well-organised and thrive on being well-prepared for any situation.
EDUCATION AND INTERESTS
THE KNOWLEDGE WORKSHOP - TEFL CERTIFIED (120 hours, Face-to-Face)
• Playing guitar and piano
PRIVATE GUITAR TEACHER AND VOCAL COACH JANUARY 2017 – JANUARY 2019
• Taught guitar to seven students, individually. Their ages ranged from 6 to 47.
• This included practical training.
GREENFIELD PRIMARY SCHOOL JANUARY 2018- SEPTEMBER 2018
• Looked after the students after school hours
• Prepared their lunches for them
• Ensured their homework was completed.
• Read to them and played different games with them everyday
BABY-SITTING/AU-PAIRING APRIL 2015 - JANUARY 2020
• I worked for three different families. The youngest child being 3 months old and the oldest being 13 years old.
• Prepared meals, supervised homework when necessary and general care-giving
LUSAKA, ZAMBIA FEBRUARY – MARCH 2020
• Resourced teaching materials to share with school teachers in underprivileged communities. I then conducted demo lessons for the teachers to use to enhance the education of the children, so they would be better equipped to secure scholarships.
CAFÉ TALK, HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM MAY 2019 – JULY 2019
• Conversational classes with under-privileged Vietnamese job-seekers.
STEENBERG PRIMARY SCHOOL JULY 2018 – DECEMBER 2018
• Taught students, aged 8 – 10, using The LifeMatters Foundation Literacy Training.
• The focus of the program is reading and writing. These cannot be taught in isolation, so I included listening and speaking into my lesson plans.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||R250|