My teaching method ensures that a student firstly understands what is expected of them before tackling a problem. Thereafter, the student is taught to break down the problem into its basic components so as to better analyse. In addition, students often do not understand a problem because they cannot see its relevance. As such, I like to incorporate practical ways with which to understand and approach problems.
I have a degree (BEng) in mechanical engineering and am currently doing my masters. My degree has equipped me with the knowledge to understand and analyse the natural world, using mathematics, physics and chemistry to do so. Therefore, I am more than able to portray this knowledge and enlighten others with the means to understand and apply the relevant concepts to tackle problems.
• I attended Willow Academy High School, in which I was Deputy Head Girl and captain of 1st Team Hockey.
• I worked at St Elmo’s Woodfired Pizzeria from 2011 to 2013 as a hostess and cashier. In 2014, I worked as a waitress at Roast Master Café for the entire year.
• I attended Stellenbosch University and obtained a BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering. I achieved an average of 72% in my final year. I am currently pursuing a Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
• During my 2nd year at university (2016), I was employed as a mentor in my residence, Minerva Dameskoshuis.
• I completed four weeks of vacation training at Jendamark, Port Elizabeth, in 2017. In 2019, I worked for two weeks at John Thompson, Port Elizabeth, and two weeks at the Mechanical and Mechatronic Department’s workshop at Stellenbosch University.
Sport has played an integral part in my development. Team sports have taught me to work well with a diverse array of people. The leadership roles I have been placed in have taught me to challenge my own way of reasoning to incorporate the input provided by others. While academics and sport keep my busy, I spend a lot of time with my friends and family, and believe it is important to continuously develop my relationships with those closest to me. Yet, I am also open to meeting new people and engaging with those from all walks of life.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|