I am an experienced teacher of French language, literature, and culture. After receiving my Master of Arts in Teaching, I received my certification to teach K-12 and moved on to teach middle and high school French for 3 years.
When teaching French, I of course make sure to speak as much French as possible with my students! The best way to learn and retain a new language is to hear it and use it regularly. I focus on the practical application of the language--meaning, how can I use this in daily life? Humor and fun activities can go a long way as well, so I ensure that lessons are exciting and customized to the student's needs.
Working as a public middle school and high school teacher for three years, I have taught hundreds of students collectively, and worked with many of them individually before and after school to provide extra help with difficult topics. Many of my students received A's and B's in my classes, and students who were struggling with French who came in for extra help were most often able to pull up their grades by one or two letter-grades.
- Master of Arts in Teaching, French Concentration, Drew University (2013)
- Bachelor of Arts in French, Drew University (2012)
- Studied abroad at the Alliance française in Paris, France (2011)
- Vice President, L'association francophone, Drew University (2011-2012)
- Principal Cellist, Drew University Chamber Orchestra (2011-2013)
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R567||R567|
|5 hours||Not available||R2410||R2835|
|10 hours||Not available||R4536||R5671|