I base my class on an introduction following which I move into the core and conclude the chapters by solving questions and provide them with the relevant answers. I clarify the doubts of the students such that they will like to love the subject.
I am an educationist, devoted for the students, with doctoral and post doctoral degrees in the relevant subjects throughout with an excellent academic background and I want all my students to reach their goal in life by mastering their realm of knowledge
Name: Dr. Sheuli Dasgupta
Address: P-782B, Lake Town, A Block, Kolkata 700089
E-mail: (concealed information)
Telephone (concealed information)
Date of Birth: 8th April, 1971
Teaching assignments since 2003
1. Microbiology and Molecular biology : cell culture (both prokaryotic and eukaryotic), cell count, culture techniques, isolation, screening of single cells, pure cultures, antibiotic assays, PCR, ultrastructural studies of bacterial cells, handling with all types of microscopes etc.
2. Biochemistry : Radioimmunoassays, ELISA, Immunodiffusions, Protein estimation, ion estimation, electrophoretic and immunoblotting/blotting skills, chromatographic techniques, spectrophotometric, spectrofluorimetric techniques, structural modelling of drugs, working with autoanalyzers etc.
3. Expertise in online teaching.
4. Expertise in ultrastructural studies of cells: handling of electron microscope.
5. Expertise in maintaining Quality Control in Biochemistry
6. Experience in working with NABL recognised organisation
• Setting up a Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology laboratory
Other assignments associated with
• Appointed as examiner of Microbiology of B.Sc. Examinations of University of Calcutta, 2004- 2018
• Conducted Microbiology Practical Examination of University of Calcutta, 2004-2017 as internal and external examiners.
• Assigned the task of preparation of Model Questions in Microbiology, University of Calcutta
• Appointed as paper setter in Microbiology of B.Sc. Examinations, University of Calcutta
• Appointed as paper setter in Microbiology of B.Sc. Examinations, St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
• Appointed as paper setter in Biochemistry of The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, 2013, 2014
• Appointed as examiner in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biophysics of The West Bengal University of Health Sciences
• Ex-Guest lecturer in Microbiology, Biochemistry in RTIICS Kolkata till 2014
• Ex-Guest lecturer in Biochemistry in Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Kolkata till 2014
• Ex-Guest lecturer in Biochemistry, Biophysics in ID & BG Hospital, Kolkata till 2014
• Ex-Guest lecturer in Microbiology, Biochemistry in Peerless Hospital, Kolkata
• Ex-Guest lecturer in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics in SSKM Hospital, Kolkata
• Ex-Guest lecturer in Clinical Research, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
Appointed as Consulting Editor of Environsafe Foundation, India, 2011
Appointed as Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Applied and Natural Sciences (IJANS); ISSN (Print):2319-4014 ISSN(Online): 2319-4022 , 2013
Editorial Board Member, CIBTech Journal of Microbiology
Editorial Advisory Board Member, International Journal on Biological Sciences, 2013
Editorial Advisory Board Member, International Journal on Environmental Sciences, 2013
• Post Graduation (M. Sc.) : Biochemistry, (Special Paper: Molecular Biology) University of Calcutta, 1995 (First Class 2nd)
Qualified in the National Eligibility Test for pursuing the Ph.D. programme conducted by Department of Atomic Energy, 1995 (Only six candidates were selected in this National Eligibility Test, Rank 1 )
• Post M. Sc. : Bioscience, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1996 (Rank I) Best speaker of Post M.Sc. Review Lecture
• Doctoral Research: “Growth related signalling mechanisms in Entamoeba histolytica” Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Crystallography and Molecular Biology Division , 2002
• Post Doctoral Research: “Microbiological, biophysical, ultrastructural and electron microscopic studies of bacterial cells” Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Biophysics Division , 2004
1. Growth stimulation by serum in Entamoeba histolytica is associated with protein tyrosine dephosphorylation. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 1999. 178, 241-249
2. Serum deprivation leads to growth inhibition and protein tyrosine phosphorylation in Entamoeba histolytica. Current Science. 2000. 78, 336-338.
3. Inhibition and stimulation of growth of Entamoeba histolytica in culture : association with PKC activity and protein phosphorylation. Experimental Parasitology. 2000. 98, 28-35
4. Effect of nitrogenous fertilizers on Rhizobium sp. Cells. Annals of Microscopy. 2004. 4, 96-102.
Endosulfan treated Rhizobium sp. Cells : A Study. Annals of Microscopy. 2005. 5, 85-92.
7. Invisible hazards of mobile phones. Environsafe Foundation, India. Feb, 2011
8. Impact on nitrogen fixing bacteria by environmental stresses. National Environmental Science Academy, India. 2011
9. Effect of MAPKs in Entamoeba histolytica National Environmental Science Academy, India. 2011
10. Stress and Anxiety. Eshona. 2011
11. Green Technology And Environment: Efforts For Building A Sustainable Planet, The Science Association of Bengal, 2011 ISBN: 978-0-9782833-4-6
12. Environmental Pollutants and Biodegradation. African J of
Food Nutrition and Agriculture, 2012
13. Successes and Challenges of “Effective” Environment Education in India. Vol. 15 Issue – 9, September 2012
14. Biofertilizer: An environment friendly solution. Proceedings of Clean Technology & Environment Conference. The Science Association of Bengal. India. June 2015
15. Pesticides: An important concern for environment. Proceedings of Clean Technology & Environment Conference. The Science Association of Bengal. India. June 2015
16. Bioremediation: An important solution to resolve pollution challenges. Proceedings of Clean Technology & Environment Conference. The Science Association of Bengal. India. June 2015
17. Embedded in Microorganisms. South Asian Time. April 2016
18. South East Asia: A region with spectacular global biodiversity and serious challenges for protecting forests and wildlife. NESA E-version. Pg 8 August 2017
19. An encounter with a savant. Eshona. 2018
1. Sheuli Dasgupta. Environmental effects of Rhizobium species cells:
Ultrastructural Studies- Impact of global warming and climate
change on human and plant health. Editor: Arya, A. and Patel, V. S. Astral International, New Delhi, India. Chapter 17, 2014
2. Sheuli Dasgupta. Biofertilizers – A status update of past, present and future
applications and its role in organic farming and sustainable agriculture
Impact of global warming and climate
change on human and plant health. Editor: Arya, A. and Patel, V. S. Astral International, New Delhi, India Astral International, New Delhi, India, Chapter 28, 2014
3. Sheuli Dasgupta. A look at Bird Flu. Impact of global warming and climate
change on human and plant health. Editor: Arya, A. and Patel, V. S. Astral International, New Delhi, India Astral International, New Delhi, India, Chapter 34, 2014
Participated and presented in several conferences
Scholarships and Fellowships
• Scholarship from Govt. of West Bengal
• Fellowship funded by Department of Atomic Energy both at Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Levels.
Administrative experience in execution of scientific projects.
Supervising the entire laboratory set up.
Convenor of Joint Cultural Committee, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1999, 2000
Proficiency in music (Diploma in Classical and Rabindra Sangeet)
I know Dr Sheuli from her very early years. She is a first cousin of my wife although much younger. She is very focussed about her academic and professional career. She has put in a lot of hard work for the academic success of her son. I am sure the same confidence and dedication reflects in her attitude towards the success of her students. She is an extremely nice human being and takes exceptional care of her old and ailing parents. I consider her to be a teacher in all respects and not only of specific academic interests.
Having known Dr. Sheuli right from childhood, I can say with full conviction that academics is her lifeline and she is a stalwart in her subject. A teacher of Sheuli's calibre is rare to find.
Dr.Sheuli Dasgupta has been a great scholar and an outstanding teacher.She takes great care in explaining complex concepts in simple terms for students to understand and handle their subjects better.I wish her further success.
She is my mother's cousin sister. She is a very hard working teacher. She puts her effort and hard work on each and every student especially the weaker ones. She is a very dedicated person. Her hard work and effort will help the students to reach to a definite goal in life and they will come out with flying colours.
She is a Phd. She has taught at college level for many years. She would provide great coaching on biology and related subjects.
Sheuli gives a lot of time to individual student, making sure her students stand out in their performance. Her students are very successful in their exams because of teaching methodology Sheuli implements.
Mam is extremely a good teacher and an instructor with extreme sound knowledge and teaches with utmost care... And thus those students who will study under man's sole guidance will be extremely benefitted as you all will be introduced to the facts and facets of biology in an interesting manner and will also help you all grasp the experiments and concepts for future research in biology... Debmalya
Dr Sheuli Dasgupta has been a great scholar and an outstanding teacher. She takes great care in explaining complex concepts in simple terms for students to understand, appreciate and apply their knowledge with confidence. Dr. Dasgupta has excellent skills in preparing comprehensive notes for her students making them competetitive and confident in handling different questions. Her objective oriented teaching skills enable her students to develop a love and passion for their discipline; and help them train better for tackling challenging questions with comparative ease. Her key strength has been to enable and empower students to handle their subjects better by helping them to understand the topics better and to grasp basic root concepts in a comprehensive manner. I wish her further success.
As we know her from many years, she belongs to a very good family and she herself proved many a times that she is a very good teacher, guide and mentor as well.
Dr. Sheuli is a great academician of the Natural Sciences.She did her B.Sc. in Chemistry, topping her college and receiving a First Class degree from Calcutta University( CU).She received her M.Sc.from CU and Post-M.Sc. degree(1st Class) from the elite Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics( under the Department of Atomic Energy) in Biochemistry( Special Paper: Molecular Biology).She qualified in the National Eligibility Test for pursuing the Ph.D. programme conducted by Department of Atomic Energy, 1995 (Only six candidates were selected in this National Eligibility Test, Rank 1 ).She received a Ph.D and a Post- Doctorate in Microbiology from SINP.
Her coaching has helped many NEET, IIT- JEE and College students of Science to score very well. Many of them, and sometimes Arts students have been coached by her at the last moment. all of them are well settled in life, some in India and the rest abroad.
I wish Dr. Sheuli in her endeavour and assure the students that will be able to soar in their careers soon, should they be coached by her.
Dr. Sheuli is a veteran in her field, with more than 18 years of teaching experience.
physics lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, natural sciences lessons for all!
Taking electrochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||R41||Not available||R41|
|5 hours||R203||Not available||R203|
|10 hours||R182||Not available||R405|