I am patient, optimistic and passionate.
My teaching style will depend on the individual student as I don’t believe in a cookie-cutter way to teach music that fits everybody. I am therefore capable of adapting my lessons to cater for your needs.
The main focus of my lessons will be to develop your technical ability and to improve your overall musicianship and playing.
My lessons are ideal for people who range from complete beginners to intermediate players who want to improve their craft, but all are welcome!
I am currently studying Education at the University of Pretoria, specializing in music education.
I have 5+ years’ experience in music ministry and have played at The Barnyard, as well as performed on stages shared by local acts like Majozi, Monark, Riana Nel and Jo Black.
Perfect! Reinhart meets me exactly where I am in terms of progress and simply guides me from there in a way that feels productive and effective. He stretches me in a way that does not overwhelm but feels essential for improvement. Great job, will definitely continue with Reinhart
• Knows how to properly hold the instrument.
• Plays the chords that he is familiar with very well (C, G, Gm, Em, F, A, Am, D & Dm).
• Understands the concepts of strumming vs fingerpicking and can strum a basic pattern.
• Inquisitive attitude and exposure to various genres.
WHAT TO IMPROVE:
- Some strings are slightly flat or sharp when tuning.
- Playing E major (big hand stretch)
- Playing B major (barring the fret)
- Switching between chords and keeping tempo
• Left-Hand Technique:
- Individual finger mobility
- Unnecessary tension in hand (and arm) when barring chords.
- Some notes do not ring properly
- Thumb cannot find an anchoring spot and then moves around between chords.
- Wrist is too tense resulting in unnecessary muscle strain.
• Right-Hand Fingerpicking Technique:
- Uses thumb to fingerpick 4th string and uses index, middle and ring fingers to pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings. Improve this by using the thumb to pick the 3rd and 4th string and then to just use index and middle fingers for the other two strings.
• Finger stretches and exercises
• Basic understanding of music theory (note names, key signatures, chord building, etc.)
One of the most wholesome people I've ever met and has knowledge that people will really benefit from. 12/10 would recommend
guitar lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest acoustic guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking bass guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|