My teaching method is dedicated to understanding the history and geography of a country or region, in order to predict and comprehend future issues and flash-points. International relations and politics is greatly influenced by long-established norms and sudden changes to the various systems that help govern geopolitics. Understanding the root causes of problems is essential in identifying solutions in the era of globalization, where consequences are felt by everyone.
I am a writer and teacher with a background in geopolitics and conflict. I have written for several publications, mainly regarding international relations in the Middle East, Europe, and East Asia. I can help you understand any current global issue by looking at the history and motivation behind the countries involved, as well as what they want. I also have a great knowledge of global history and geography, if you want to keep politics out of what you're trying to learn.
2018-Present Teaching fellowship at John Marshall High School
• Assisting teachers at inner city school
• World geography and world history tutoring
• Planning co-curricular activities
2017-2018 Policy Coordinator at The Excalibur Group
• Modernizing company website
• Policy coordination for marketing strategy
• Control of company’s social media presence
• Issuing press releases for ongoing policy development
2016 Administrative internship for Darfur Women , Action Group (non-profit)
• Published reports and articles on current events related to the conflict
• Expanded funding and partnership relationships, as well as securing new collaborative opportunities
• Organized events by locating suitable locations and inviting guest speakers
2014-2016 Editor of English language section for university paper
• Published articles related to my field of study and on local events and topics
• Oversaw physical distribution of paper across campus and locations around the city
• Created partnerships and fundraising opportunities with the local city council and business centers
2011-2013 Editorial Assistant at The Australian
• Managed the Weekend Edition’s back page
• Organized travel arrangements for staff
• Negotiated and monitored timescales for stages in publishing process
• Organized and researched projects
• Summarized written material
• Phone and email queries from writers and public
• Filing, photocopying, other administrative tasks
2014-2016 Universidad Jaume I, Spain
• Master’s degree in Peace, Conflict and Development (sponsored by UNESCO)
2010-2012 University of Sydney, Australia
• Bachelor of Arts majoring in US studies and online media
2003-2008 St Aloysius College, Australia
• Captain of debate team
LANGUAGES English (native), French (practical), Spanish (practical)
• Run a personal blog mostly about international relations
• Guest writer for International Policy Digest, The Interpreter, and Politics Means Politics.
history lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest politics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geographical history lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|