My teaching methodology is entirely depending on the student or the group that requires my expertise. I can create lessons from scratch or follow a class curriculum. The most important is that the lessons are provided in the comfort of you own space.
I have tough french privately for over 10 years in the USA, Canada and now South Africa. My students have been mainly people that want to learn the language out of personal interest or high school students who already have some sort of knowledge.
The rate will no vary. However there will be student will be responsible to pay the full amount if cancellation is done the day of the lesson. It is recommended to do the cancellation 2 days in advance Unless there is a major issue.
Key Academic Qualifications:
PHD, Sustainability, Environment and Development studies, Rochester Institute of Technology , NY, distance learning in progress
Master in Business Administration, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town, South Africa, 2012
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Webber College, Babson Park, Florida, USA, 2000
Summary of Experience
- Over 15 years’ experience in Business development with special focus on Sustainable project management. Currently my work focuses on sustainable development with special emphasis on Tourism and Agri-business development to alleviate poverty and empower rural communities.
- More than 10 years of wide-ranging and progressive experience in internationally recognized institutions
- Experienced sustainability and corporate social responsibility executive; driven by integrity and strong ethical principles. A confident leader with a passion for smart business improvement. A consistent commitment to integrating environmental and social impacts for growth, poverty alleviation and profitability.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, vibrant, flexible, hard working person, effective, high communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to develop strategic and productive partnerships.
C. EMPLOYMENT RECORDS:
FLOCERT, Cape Town, South Africa Jul12-Present
Certification Project Manager for Africa
• Carrying out international standard social impact assessment including scoping, social baseline, impact assessment, mitigation and management planning for various Tourism projects in Africa and Agri-business (Cocoa traders and Producers in West Africa).
• Drive the adoption and implementation of Fairtrade Standards to ensure management of social impacts
• Participate and contribute to Social Performance audits /reviews
• Assist in the selection, evaluation and training of Auditors in Africa.
• Supervise overall project management initiatives
• Write and revise standard operating procedures for the everyday function of the certification department.
• Revise existing capacity building resources in child protection and provide training on it
• Participate in the performance review process for the Auditors by assisting in the creation and monitoring of goals and expectations
• Continuously assess the productivity of project leaders and team and provide feedback to management
• Perform change into certification products
• Review and provide assistance for technical items needed for changes to certification
• In conjunction with the Quality Manager, ensure the requirement of ISO are met
CONSULTANT, Cape Town, South Africa Feb 09-Jun 12
Sustainable and Responsible Tourism Development Consultant
• Developed commercial partnerships and attained contractual agreements needed to fulfill client campaign
• Conducted social analysis studies
• Planned, developed, implemented and evaluated strategies for the development of innovative tourism projects designed to generate new products and meet agreed upon objectives
• Worked closely with the project team to solve their barriers to implementation and add value to their work to maximize implementation capability.
• Determined target markets and their needs in relation to sustainable tourism development
• Provided support for the recruitment of a team to design a set of options to build climate change proof tourism businesses;
• Sourced funding opportunities for the most vulnerable tourism operators in the country to the effects of climate change and natural disasters;
• Provided training and skills development to small tourism business for marketing purposes.
• Provided specialized advisory services to institutions, NGOs and private industry on their sustainability program and corporate social responsibility strategic planning.
THE RETIRED TEACHER OF ONTARIO Sept 06-Dec 08
Bilingual Executive Project Manager
• Managed the project team (technical specialists, project officers, support staff) and ensure timely implementation, results –orientation and accountability for project results.
• Established direction for the team including roles and responsibilities, accountability and reporting ensuring that the work of the team is conducted in accordance with RTO relevant business processes and that high – quality outputs are delivered on time.
• Lead the development of annual project delivery targets and guide the team to achieve the targets.
• Monitored the progress on fixed results framework and performance indicators and took action/decision and/or provided timely support to project staff.
• Undertook performance management of 15 staff including establishment of annual results, on-going feedback and mid-term and final assessments in line with RTO Rules and Regulations.
• Ensured project met expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
• Developed a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Successfully managed the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Performed risk management to minimize project risks
• Assisted in translating requirements to the IT team to ensure clear and concise understanding of clients’ needs
• Briefed and consulted with senior management on project progress and provided information and advice as required to contribute to Ontario Retirement Legislation.
SUNLIFE OF CANADA, Toronto, Ontario May 04-Aug 06
Bilingual Report and Project Manager
• Overall responsibility for ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery of projects
• Managed the planning and control of project activities and resources
• Secured external/internal access to the Group Benefits Reporting
• Developed, implemented, and monitored training programs within an organization.
• Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external providers
• Provided French/English training to staff all across Canada on the use of Group Benefits Reporting
• Planned the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets.
• Facilitated the prioritization of project requirements with business stakeholders
SUNLIFE OF CANADA, Toronto, Ontario June 00-Apr 04
Client Service Team Leader
• Provided daily direction and communication to employees so that customer service calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Provided continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
• Provided statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member.
• Wrote and administered performance reviews for skill improvement.
• Provided appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution for employees.
• Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
• Created and maintained a high-quality work environment so team members were motivated to perform at their highest level.
• Addressed disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy.
• Assisted the manager with daily operation of the call center to include the development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, telemarketing, scheduling and reward/recognition programs.
• Established work procedures and processes that support the company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives.
• Member of the “Empowerment of Girls and Women of Burundi”, 2014-present
• Active Participant and Panelist in Tourism fairs locally and globally, 2009- present
• Mentorship/Leadership program for tourism undergraduate students 2009-present
• Webber College Ambassadors chosen to represent the university; 1998-present
• Awarded Cape Town Tour guide Certificate, June 2010
• Awarded a Certificate in First Aid Course; June 2010
• Awarded a Scholarship for exceptional skills in Human Relations.
• Worked as volunteer to build houses for Habitat of Humanities-Summer 2004-2007
• Worked as a volunteer for Breast cancer cure-Marathon 2000-2007
• Member of “Student’s In Free Enterprise” Marketing Organization;1997-2004
• Corporate Social Responsibility expert
• Client interaction & relationship building experience
• Leadership skills and negotiation skills
• Proficient in research and analytical skills
• Strong Business background and project management
• Project implementation, execution, monitoring and evaluation
• Fluent in English, French, Kirundi and Amharic with translation Proficiency. Practical knowledge of Spanish
• Excellent communication and ability to present across all media
• Coaching, support & guidance skills to assist new staff
• Use of the following Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Salesforce, Ecert
french (fle) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R1||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||R1200||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||R2400||Not available|