- Hourly rate R250
- Response time 1h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
Fourth year medical student who achieved 9 distinctions in matric. I want to help you achieve your full potential too. Offering lessons for maths, physical science, medicine and NBT math training.
One of our best tutors, with excellent credentials. Deniela offers Maths lessons of the highest quality.
About the lesson
If you have specific problematic areas I start by teaching the content then providing you with various test questions to see if you do understand and can tackle the work. If you cannot identify problematic areas, we start the first lesson with a general quiz to identify the work you struggle in. The NBT training is a 3 hour course which I provide you with 140 questions to help you cover the entire math syllabus and gain insight on how you will be tested. I guarantee you that you will see similar or the same questions in your NBT. Please note lessons offered to international students will be R300/h due to bank charges.
- A Level
I have tutored high school and university students for the past year. I am a tutor for the company Onyx Educate; having hosted large group workshops catering for the needs of many different kinds of learners. I am currently a mentor to medical students. I am patient, versatile, a good listener and communicator who will work hard to ensure that you understand the work and are confident in tests.
Perfect! Deniela is an amazing tutor who takes the time to ensure that Taysia understands all the concepts thoroughly before moving on. She is knowledgeable and very patient and makes learning fun.
- Deniela's response : Taysia is a hard-working grade 11 IEB learner who has test anxiety. We go through various test examples to get sufficient exposure along with repeating topics as a revision to ensure she feels confident in her abilities and has a solid method on how to approach questions.
Perfect! Her strengths are that she is very good with time management and communication.
- Deniela's response : Oratile is a shining star! She is goal-driven, hard-working, and consistent. It was a pleasure assisting her in preparation for her physics supplementary exam. I can't wait to see you as a Dr one day! Best of luck with the new chapter and keep up the excellent work ethic.
Perfect! Deniela was a very patient teacher and she is very easy to talk to, which made it much easier to ask questions when I did not understand something. She is by far the best mathematics and physics teacher I have ever had and I would wholeheartedly refer anyone who is struggling to her.
- Deniela's response : Hannah was a delight to teach. She is rewriting her supplementary exams in math and physics to become a teacher herself. I loved showing her that these subjects can be easy and it was really heartwarming to hear that I did a better job than her high school teachers.
Perfect! She only does online teaching and we were looking for contact teaching. I would have loved to have her help us. She comes in highly recommended.
- Deniela's response : Needed an in-person tutor.
Perfect! Deniela is a patient tutor. She managed to help me be more expressive and vocal because I am a bit of a passive student, so participation is hard for me but with Deniela it was easier to participate, and her encouraging words helped push my maths to mark up to be over 25 per cent.
- Deniela's response : Amahle is a grade 9 pupil who needed help in math and physics. I commend her for going the extra mile when taking notes and for repeating what I say to ensure she understands the concepts and methods fully.
Perfect! Deniela was absolutely amazing and professional. She always checked up on my progress and made herself available to my needs! 100% recommend her services!
- Deniela's response : Renira is a psychology major that is looking to get into medicine via re-writing her matric maths exam. I had offered her my recording series as it was a convenient method of ensuring we complete the syllabus while having conflicting busy schedules. Best of luck Renira !
Perfect! Deniela is very patient and gives me time to answer a question. She explains concepts until I understand them thoroughly and also provides me with past paper examples to expose me to the type of questions I should expect in a test or an exam. I can't wait to see the end results!
- Deniela's response : Tyra is a hard-working grade 12 IEB learner. I am currently still assisting her in preparation for her finals. I cant wait to see her as our future engineer!
Perfect! My niece, Kea, needed some last-minute support with preparing for her Grade 11 Math test. Deniela was so agile and supportive in providing suitable material that Kea could review and study. Kea found the content to be user-friendly and Deniela’s teaching to be at the appropriate pace. Deniela even followed up on how the test went and made herself available to be contacted if any questions arose. She applies great care and attention. Thank you.
- Deniela's response : Kea is a grade 11 learner who last minute needed help preparing for her test. I offered her recordings and she was confident and ready.
Perfect! Great communication. Excellent lessons. Connects with her students very well.
- Deniela's response : Danika is a grade 12 pupil who required assistance with calculus. She opted for my recording option and received the help she needed.
Perfect! The methods in the video were very helpful and simple to understand.
- Deniela's response : I, unfortunately, could not help Ntokozo as much as I wanted to as he is completing the Cambridge syllabus. But he benefitted from a few of my recordings and now has a strong mathematical foundation.
Perfect! Deniela you know your work. You have excellent skills and knowledge in the subjects you teach. Thank you for helping me to reach my goal and keep on helping others!
- Deniela's response : Annna is an older student of mine who wanted to re-write her matric physics and math finals to get into university. Since she had not reviewed either for over 10 years, we did have to work fast and review the entire syllabus from grade 9. I am proud to announce that she did indeed get into university and is now reaching for the stars.
Perfect! She is very patient.
- Deniela's response : Shanice is a first-year business management student who required teaching financial math and helping with some math assignments. She took math lit in high school.
Perfect! Deniela gave great explanations and notes. We went through some questions during the lesson and she would only intervene when I was struggling, this really helped me gain more insight into my problem areas.
- Deniela's response : Lee- Anne is a first-year BSc student. I assisted her with university physics. I recommend that she goes through as many past papers and textbook questions to improve her critical thinking and exposure.
Perfect! My experience with Deniela as a tutor is that she is an exceptional, professional, dedicated and passionate teacher. She loves teaching, helping students and sharing knowledge. She prepares for her lessons thoroughly before she teaches, gets to know and understand what her students want to achieve. She then works with them by encouraging and motivating them to achieve those goals. She also goes the extra mile by availing herself at any given point, that’s if a student requires help/ assistance on that particular subject. It has been such a pleasure having her as my tutor.
- Deniela's response : Angelina is a grade 9 student who has an A average. She undertook lessons to improve her grades further. Angelina is a hard-working, self-motivated individual who her parents can be proud of. She will surely achieve all her goals and I am happy to have been of assistance.
Perfect! Daniela is organised and always arrives well-prepared. She explains the work well and gives helpful insight into what can be expected in exams. It’s a pleasure to be taught by her!
- Deniela's response : Tenneille is a grade 11 IEB math student. She is kind and a fast learner. It was a pleasure assisting her in achieving her goal.
Perfect! She was really helpful with what I was struggling with and now I feel confident about my exam results.
- Deniela's response : Khuthadzo is a matric math student who just needed help in trigonometry and geometry before her final exam. She is highly intelligent and well-prepared. She can tackle the higher-order questions with ease. I expect an A!
Perfect! Deniela is a great tutor who is very patient and explains the work better than my maths teacher and I feel very confident about my exams now.
- Deniela's response : Thato is an IEB grade 8 learner who came to me for both physics and math exam preparation. We had focused on his problem in some areas which consisted of geometry and algebra. I had adapted my lesson style to ensure it was fun and interactive to maintain his focus and keep him productive. We had worked through various exam questions to determine what he knows and where the gaps in his knowledge lie. That was a pleasure to teach! He would come prepared for class and would work extra after tuition.
Perfect! Deniela is an excellent tutor and if it were up to me, I would tell everyone who needs help to go to her. Her slideshows, online lessons, extra practice questions and explanations of whatever topic you need help on are excellent. She definitely helped me a lot.
- Deniela's response : Ndumiso is a fast learner. He is polite and respectful in class. He required help in both maths and physics.
Perfect! Daniela is very committed, diligent and well prepared for all her lessons. She understands the syllabus and knows what is expected of my daughter to achieve her goal. I look forward to seeing the improvement in her Maths and Science marks.
- Deniela's response : Deneil is an intelligent grade 11 IEB student. I tutored her in both maths and physics. Despite completing a large quantity of work in a very short span of time, she never complained and always requested that I provide her with more homework and resources to practice. She is capable of achieving an A.
Excellent! Deniela is patient and hardworking. She makes sure to take note of your strengths and weakness and is always available to help.
- Deniela's response : Larona is a kind, bubbly individual. She is a pleasure to teach. She is always on time for her lessons and enters enthusiastically. She is honest about what she knows and what she doesn't understand. She attempts to answer questions on her own before requesting help and always completes her homework.
Perfect! Deniela is a very excellent tutor and really knows what she is doing. She is always prepared for every lesson, which really helps explains the work and she works through examples to make sure you understand the work fully. She also tries to make you interact in live classes so that she can see your strengths and weaknesses. She prepares extra exercises that you can practice individually as well. From not having physics as a subject in high school, she managed to help me reach my goal in my first year of university and really understand certain concepts. I would highly recommend Deniela
- Deniela's response : Chloe is a fast learner. She is willing to do extra work at home to improve her grades and she is not afraid to ask questions and bring up her concerns.
See more reviews
Deniela is an incredible tutor. She is always on her A game during our online lessons. She is patient when one does not understand a concept first hand and she will find different ways to explain a concept. Her time management skills are impeccable. She encouraged me when I was doubting myself and it boosted my self-esteem. I absolutely loved my lessons with her.
Ms Deniela is a dedicated person who helped me through the toughest blocks in medicine anatomy. Through her tutoring, I was able to get a better understanding of the work. She is truly good at what she does and any person would be blessed to have her as a tutor.
She is very patient and I believe patience is a good quality to have when you are a tutor.
She takes time to actively impart helpful study tips for the topic at hand. She responds to queries even way after the tutorial itself. This really helped me not only know but understand what it was she tutored me on.
She is extremely knowledgeable about her subject matter and is excellent at making these complicated subjects easy to study. But most of all I appreciate the extra time and effort that she puts into the check-in and accessing my progress and my state of mind to ensure that I am grasping the material. I will forever be indebted to her for all she has done for me.
Deniela is an excellent tutor! She tutors my daughter online in Physical Science. She goes out of her way to help my daughter with multiple resources to elevate her confidence. I would highly recommend her.
She is very good when it comes to tutoring and makes sure you understand what she is teaching. She provides excellent notes on the topic at hand and makes sure you can answer questions that could come up in your final exams.
Deniela is an excellent tutor that I had the privilege of meeting through MedEasy. She really has a deep understanding of the topics that she teaches and she is dedicated to helping you with your problem areas. She never failed to put my needs and my problem areas at the centre of her teaching and she made sure that I truly understood the content before moving on to the next topic. I was truly amazed by how she was able to cater to my needs and always be available to answer any question I had despite being a 3rd Year Medical student. I highly recommend her as a tutor because you will definitely be getting the utmost quality for what you pay. She really boosted my confidence in the subjects in which she tutored me (Anatomy, Pathology and Pharmacology) and she equipped me with all the resources I would need to succeed - from self-made PowerPoint presentations, to practice questions and even textbooks that supplemented my learning. Having Deniela as a tutor was truly an asset that solidified my understanding of Anatomy, Pathology and Pharmacology; I truly could not have asked for a better tutor.
I am a student of Onyx Educate and I had the pleasure of having Deniela as my tutor. She was incredibly sweet and understanding. Deniela knows what she teaches extremely well and she makes the concepts easier to understand and grasp. I got my money's worth having her as my tutor.
She is really thorough and doesn't mind explaining concepts more than once!
I attended Deniela’s anatomy workshop and it served to be extremely helpful! She gave amazing notes and explained the work very well. I would highly recommend her and I won’t hesitate to attend another one of her workshops.
I am a student from Onyx Educate. Deniela was a brilliant maths tutor who always ensured that I understood everything we were working on. She was very patient and showed me many great and different perspectives to use when approaching maths.
I recommend Daniela because she explains the work clearly in a way that helps you to understand. She is an extremely dedicated tutor, always willing to help and doesn’t hesitate to repeat something if you do not understand or to just give advice if you are struggling to learn!
I attended some of Deniela’s Med-Easy workshops. She was a big help with helping me understand some abstract concepts and she helped integrate the work to make it easier to understand/study.
Deniela is patient, insightful and helps explain concepts in a simplified way while still making sure you know all the facts. This includes her use of mnemonics and nice memory hooks.
She definitely knows her work and is a great tutor.
Deniela is currently a third-year medical student and I am her first-year mentee. I attended an anatomy workshop presented by Deniela and was very impressed with her presentation and thorough understanding of the work, which translated into my own understanding. She has an encouraging teaching style allowing room for questions and explains concepts clearly.
Deniela is a great trustworthy tutor, she has a deep understanding of the anatomy work content and provides clear, simple explanations in a way that is easy to understand. She listens to her students and helps to answer/clear any misunderstandings by re-explaining that specific section using multiple approaches to ensure all students fully understand the work. Her notes are clear, informative and include all the important information we are expected to know and understand. They are great for studying and test preparation, as all the images and annotations help students visualise the work content. She is patient and accommodates all students by making sure each individual is following and understands before moving on to the next section. Deniela is an amazing tutor and makes learning fun while building our knowledge and skills.
Deniela is diligent, professional and passionate about tutoring. Not only is she extremely great at maths, but she is a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who wishes to have a patient tutor that will stop at nothing to ensure you understand.
I have worked with Deniela for 2 years. She is intelligent, diligent, punctual and well organized. She is an excellent maths and science tutor, I would highly recommend her.
Deniela is a tutor with enthusiasm and direction. She helps you plan your work and encourages you whilst you are learning. Deniela provides you with detailed notes and explanations, always willing to help answer any questions after hours and on weekends. She will go above and beyond to help you achieve your academic goals. I have loved working with her!
She is a trustworthy tutor because she was always on time for our maths lessons and well prepared. Deniela rearranged her schedule a few times to accommodate me when my schedule was constantly changing. Deniela also provided me with lots of secret apps and websites that helped with other subjects.
Deniela is a sweet and kind tutor that is very prepared and really helps a lot. She prepares lessons and even examples that you could practice to help you prepare for the test. She is very helpful and always tries her best to make sure you understand the work and reach the goal that you want to achieve. I did not have physics in high school and I needed it in university for my first semester and I did not understand the work, and she helped me understand it and helped me understand terms I couldn’t understand and even helped me do calculations. I understand physics now and all of this is because Deniela helped me. I recommend her 100% without a doubt
Deniela took me for 7 lessons and helped me get my physical science mark from 48% to 72%. She used a wide range of resources to help me practice. She helped me free of charge outside lesson times and always went the extra mile to ensure I understood the work and was ready for tests.
She was really patient and helped me to nail my math exams. She did a better job explaining concepts than my teacher did.
See more recommendations
- 5h: R1250
- 10h: R2500
I also offer pre-recorded lessons for the entire grade 10-12 math syllabus for R150/h and grade 10-12 physical science syllabus at R180/h. You can request a 30 minute trial recording to determine if my pace and teaching style compliments your learning. I look forward to seeing you in class!
Find out more about Deniela
When did you develop an interest in your subject and in private tutoring?
I've always been interested in analytical subjects such as maths and physics as it's not just simply memorization of facts and concepts but subjects that require you to understand and apply. Maths, physics and even medicine requires you to never stop learning. You need to keep practising problems and clinical scenarios to improve and get enough exposure as these vast subjects can be tested in many ways. I started formally tutoring just over a year ago but I've always helped my younger brother and peers as I've been told that I can explain concepts really well.
Tell us more about the subject you teach, the topics you like to discuss with students (and possibly those you like a little less)
The topics trigonometry, geometry, factorization and functions are some of my favourites to teach for maths. For physical science, I enjoy Newton's laws, work and energy and chemistry. For medicine, anatomy and physiology are my passions.
Did you have any role models? Perhaps a teacher that inspired you?
My role model is my matric math teacher, Mr Naidoo. Despite being intelligent and knowing the work himself, he was always well prepared and could think on his feet to answer questions. He could explain a single concept in multiple ways and used an approach that helped you navigate a topic so you could identify what is being asked of you in tests and the step by step method of how to approach the specific type of problem. I try to adopt his style of teaching during my own lessons.
What do you think are the qualities required to be a good tutor?
A good tutor is well prepared and experienced in the subject. They are patient, on time and respectful. They are approachable and encourage that students ask questions. Their lessons are interactive and individualized to be able to maximize the study method of the student. They are flexible and focus on helping the student to understand and remember the work. They are willing to go out of their way to ensure the student is happy. They motivate their students to work hard and make the syllabus enjoyable.
Share an anecdote related to your subject or your school days.
I remember in high school my physics teacher would write problems on the whiteboard and call students to answer them. Although I use to think that was terrifying; actually answering the questions and applying what I've learnt helped me to see what I knew and didn't know. The lesson is you can't study a subject like math or physics just by watching someone else solve problems but you too have to practice.
What were the difficulties or challenges you faced or are still facing at school?
Moving school online due to Covid 19 has come with new challenges. Not all educators are technologically savvy and have the proper resources such as tablets with a pen to write out math problems thus the standard of teaching and the amount of work that students understand and retain is being reduced.
Do you have a particular passion? Is it teaching in general, an element of this particular subject, or something completely different?
I have a passion for helping others. Hearing the words "oh" and "finally that makes sense" brings me joy, knowing I was able to finally allow a student to achieve their full potential. Students are smart and if they take up tutoring, they are willing to work hard thus the educator is the last component that can make or break a students success.
What makes you a Superprof?
I have all the traits that I mentioned in the what makes a good tutor question. I don't prioritize money but bringing expert, affordable education to students. I give out homework and mark and explain corrections after hours. I also allow students the opportunity to ask me questions after hours when they are studying or going over the recording of our lesson or my notes. I go out of my way to prepare beautiful notes that the student can take home and refer to in the future, to make the content easy to study.