My teaching method is learner-centered. My students are in charge of their own learning with the help and guidance from myself. I use different methods of teaching certain topics depending on the learner and their understanding. My tutoring also includes extra activities e.g. An activity book made for the learner, to establish a better understanding of the content that was covered during school and the tutoring session.
I have formally been teaching for one and a half years. I have an extra one and a half year's experience working with children. I have also tutored learners. My students that I have tutored and worked with greatly improved academically.
Foundation Phase Teacher
Sharon park private school | Jan 2020 - Present
- Create lesson and assessment plans
- Create worksheets, tests and assessments
- Taught grade 1's in 2020
- Teaching grade 3's in 2021.
- Coaches girls netball.
- Knowledge of CAPS curriculum
- Fill in reports
- Participates in extra-mural activities
Pinegrove Primary | July 2019 - Nov 2019
- Substituted classes (grade 1 -3)
- Helped teachers with the marking of books
- Helped teachers with assessments of the learners
- Helped with guided reading
- Helped with swimming lessons
Junglebook Aftercare | Feb 2017 - Sept 2017
- Looked after children (ages 5 - 13)
- Helped learners with homework (grade 1 - 7)
- Helped learners with exam preparation (grade 4 - 7)
2nd Year Student | B.Ed Foundation Phase
Dr Johan Jurgens
Graduated with admission to bachelor's degree |
- First Aid certificate
- Homeschooling certificate
- Coding certificate
- Health and Safety certificate
- Au Pair Certificate
Michaela is a trustworthy and loyal person. She enjoys seeing her students grow and flourish. She ensures that a confident and positive atmosphere stays consistent throughout the tutoring sessions. She is very kind and patient and works amazingly with children.
I have come to know Miss Michaela as a very loyal and dedicated young woman ,urged with the desire of educating the youth of today for the future ,and preparing them with skills they can use in everyday life situations.
Michaela provides detailed tutoring plans for all of her students. She has a keen eye for attention to detail when it comes to finding out key learning areas that need work and every student is taught differently in a manner that caters to their learning needs and levels.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|