My teaching methods involve using several different kinds of media to make sure the student builds an in depth understanding of the subject, so they can tackle any question thrown at them. I use visual and practical demonstrations, videos and diagrams to develop understanding.
I am also very familiar with "exam technique" and can make sure as a student, you can tick the boxes required of you.
I always provide media after the lesson, for the students to learn from in order to consolidate their learning. I am super passionate about Physics and Maths, so students I've worked with often find that they like the subject more.
I tailor my lesson to suit the student, so you are learning using methods that suit your learning style.
I am a Physics Graduate from the University of Sheffield with over 6 years experience tutoring Physics and Mathematics at A-Level and GCSE. I can provide high quality teaching using a range of media and I tailor my lessons to suit the learning style that best benefits the student. I am super passionate about Physics and Maths; students I've worked with often find that they like the subject more.
I always provide media after the lesson, for the students to learn from in order to consolidate their learning. I find this helps them get the best out of our time together. I often provide visual aids to help students learn, this includes demonstrations and videos. What most schools fail to provide students with, which makes STEM subjects hard, is that visual element, which really helps students understand the material they're trying to learn for exams.
I am familiar with all the exam boards and can provide targeted teaching to ensure the student gets the best grades. I am based in Sheffield, and have a car so I can travel for tutoring. Previous students I've tutored have been from Tapton Secondary school, where I also went to school.
GCSE students- £20 per hour
A-level students- £25 per hour
£3 Extra for driving to your house
I am a friendly and hardworking student, passionate about STEM education and outreach. I am a private tutor for STEM subjects and the former President of the award-winning University of Sheffield Physics Society.
BSc (Hons) Physics (high 2:1 Class) August 2016 – June 2020
• Quantum Information Laboratory: In 3rd year, I undertook a year-long quantum optics experimental project. This involved using research-grade equipment, making precise optical measurements and using data analysis to interpret results. I am trained to align optical experiments. I presented research in the weekly journal club, showing I can communicate and teach complex work, effectively to a group.
• Advanced laboratory skills: Competent with the use of scientific equipment which include basic lab equipment (oscilloscopes etc.) to more specialised lab technologies (use of semiconductor radiation detectors, APDS, PMTs etc.) as I performed numerous physics experiments over the years.
• Scientific communication skills:
1. Written work: Written high quality first class (70%+) academic reports which include literature
reviews, essays, lab reports and a teacher’s guide to Physics experiments.
2. Presentations: Given presentations to my year group of 100+ people on lab experiments, created two video presentations on lab projects and I have taught physics to small project groups.
• Programming in Python: I achieved a first-class grade (70%+) in Scientific Python in my BSc. I can create algorithms, produce data visualisations and perform data analysis to a good standard. I am confident I can teach programming, data science and IT skills to school students.
University of Sheffield Physics Society President May 2018 – May 2019
• I was the president of an award-winning physics society with over 300 members and a leader of a committee of 10 people. I had to use my skills in leadership, teamwork and event management to plan numerous events on a weekly basis throughout the year.
• I have planned events involving 250+ people, given speeches to 250+ people, led university trips abroad and introduced new events such as “day trips” and “Pint with a professor” which were huge successes. This showcases my event management, leadership and organisational skills.
• I have helped organise STEM outreach events and designed experiments to be performed at a science fair for secondary and primary school children.
Educator: Sexual Health Sheffield, NHS February 2014 – March 2017
• I delivered interactive teaching sessions for groups of secondary school students across Sheffield, about sexual health as part of the ‘Peer Activities in Sexual Health’ NHS project. This involved creating educational games for the students and working with large class sizes.
• This developed my teaching abilities and confidence and led to my passion of working with young people.
Teaching Assistant: Tapton Secondary School September 2014 – June 2015
• I was teaching assistant for year 9 Mathematics class and English Year 8 and 9 classes. I often worked with individual students and small groups, using my initiative to teach maths and English. This was a very rewarding role.
Gold Crest Research Award June 2014 – August 2014
• Completed a 6-week research project at Sheffield Hallam University on Nerve and Blood vessel ingrowth in articular cartilage samples from patients with osteoarthritis. I was awarded a Gold Crest Research Award. I became competent with microscopy and tissue staining techniques with biological markers.
• I am confident I can help teach Biology to secondary school students as I also completed 1 year of BSc Biomedical Sciences in 2015.
• Full UK Driving License Holder and owns a car.
• Proficient at programming in Python to produce algorithms and perform data analysis and visualisation.
• Excellent teaching abilities in Physics, Mathematics, Computer science, Biology and Chemistry.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|