I base my teaching approach on the student's preferred learning style. Furthermore, I look for content that is interesting to the student based on his/her interests e.g. baseball, music, etc. Lessons are structured around the elements the student are battling with.
I am a teacher/tutor/writer and communication expert with teaching experience spanning from intermediate phase to post graduate level. In the past year alone I've tutored 20 students individually who increased their mark by 10% minimum in 4 months. I am not only a Anfrikaans tutor, but can also assist with English, my second language, communication, marketing and public relations.
Rates will differ per student level, requirements, commitment. If I need to travel, costs will be added if I need to travel more than 15km.
Personal Profile/Personal Attributes
• Excellent interpersonal skills - good communicator, high integrity.
• Determined and decisive; uses initiative to meet and resolve challenges.
• Self-aware - always seeking to learn and grow.
• Seeks new responsibilities irrespective of reward and recognition.
• High integrity and honesty; ethical and socially aware.
• Emotionally mature - calming and positive temperament - compassionate and caring.
• Active and dynamic approach to work and getting things done.
• Conception and implementation of customer complaints procedures for small to medium sized business.
• Compiling and management of budgets for small to medium sized Marketing/Communication/ Public Relations departments/functions - up to R5 million per annum.
• Effective and efficient planning and implementation of small to medium sized events for Business Units with a staff compliment of up to 500 people.
• Compiling and management of advertising/media/communication and public relations strategies for small to medium sized businesses – book value of business R8 billion.
• Co-ordinate activities and liaise with external business partners, service providers, government departments and media.
• Tracking and reporting of compliant statistics, cross selling initiatives and competitor marketing campaigns for small to medium sized businesses.
• Conception and publishing of monthly newsletters (printed/electronic) for internal and external audiences.
• Compiling and implementing social media communication strategies, including design and content for websites, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.
* Non-Afrikaans speaking, Gr 12 Student in the Philippines passed Afrikaans Literature with distinction - online teaching
* English student, Gr 11, improved Afrikaans mark by 5% after 2 sessions.
* 6 Post-graduates improved their Public Relations marks from 30% average to 86% average after 3 workshops.
• 03/1989 - 08/2006 - Communication Manager - Transnet/Johannesburg - Transport/Housing
• 09/2006 - 09/2009 - Senior Marketing Consultant - FNB Housing Finance/Johannesburg - Financial/Affordable Housing
• 07/2012 - 10/2015 - Office Manager responsible for communication, administration, liaison, marketing/fund raising/secretarial duties - Rainbows for all Children (SA) - Health/Non-Profit Organisations
• 02/2016 – Current – Owner and Director of Gielron Pty Ltd (business consultancy); Lecturer Gap Acadamy
• 01/06/2018 – Registered Tutor with BrightZparks
• 01/09/2019 – Qualified TEFL Tutor with ABCTutoring, tutoring English to Chinese online
• 01/02/2018 – Lecturer with Gap Academy (Communication, PR, Marketing and Academic Writing)
Education and qualifications
• (1981 – 1985) School – Hoërskool Frikkie Meyer, matriculated.
• (1986-1988) University of Johannesburg (then RAU), graduated with BA Communications degree.
• 2003 – 2006) Cape Peninsula University of Technology, graduated with Masters in Strategic Public Relations
Hobbies / Interests
• Reading – any genre, any literature. I have quite a large personal library and keep expanding.
• Writing – poetry, short stories, novels.
• Walking – I try to walk at least 5 km per day, preferably in the wild.
• Studying – I always look for courses covering subjects or issues I find interesting and which improve/build critical skills I may need. In 2018 I completed a TEFL course and taught English online to Chinese students.
esol (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english translation lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||R620||R200|
|5 hours||Not available||R2180||R1000|
|10 hours||Not available||R4150||R2000|