I have a three step teaching approach:
1) I go through theory and ensure you understand the principles
2) I go through a question or two with you to ensure the principle sinks in
3) I give you a test which you do under time pressure
In high school, I was a mentor in my school's mentorship program and did general tutoring for learners up until grade 10. In doing so, I discovered I enjoy teaching the structures and methods of subjects. After that, I continued tutoring first year university Accounting and Economics.
Hatfield Christian School High School and matric 2011-2016
Woodhill College Primary School 2005-2010
University of choice:
• University of Pretoria
o Completed first year
o Currently in second year
Overview: I have developed leadership, communication and organisational skills through extra-curricular activities at school, university, as well as volunteer work at a non-profit organisation called “Animals in Distress”. I also developed business knowledge through job shadowing and vacation work and developed teamwork skills through sport.
• In first year, I completed a leadership program where I was taught various leadership skills.
• I was a student mentor at my school for 2 years where I regularly had to assist younger grades with their school work.
• I was a leader for numerous group projects at school (such as science expo).
• In grade 11, I also participated in a three-day long leadership camp.
• Completed the Toast Masters course.
• I went to school level with my science expo presentation.
• Created a blog for my love of travelling.
• Student mentoring includes teaching organisational skills.
• Assisted in organising the Grade 9 dinner.
• Assisted in the organisation of the Matric Fashion Show.
• Job shadowed at PwC for a day with Abdur Rahman Noor Mahomed.
• Job shadowed at President Veterinary Clinic for six days.
• Participated in the JSE Challenge two years in a row.
• Completed an induction program with PwC.
• Completed the CEO in the Making program hosted by PwC.
• Played in the 2nd senior hockey team.
• Participated in the cross country team.
• Complete 3 Toyota Warrior Races with my team.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Played 2nd team hockey.
• Honours (2015)
• Full colours (2014)
• Half colours (2013)
• Merit (2012)
• Merit (2011)
• Participated in various National Olympiads
• Animals in Distress (30 hours)
accounting lessons nearby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||R143|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||R715|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||R1430|